We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments about this tour ?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Comments about this tour ?

Hi everybody

We plan to do this in august as a private tour , any comment about it ?

ps : Add MARDIN to it which does not appear on this programm.

Thanks a lot :

DAY 1 CAPPADOCIA - NEMRUT MOUNTAIN

Departure in the morning from Cappadocia or Kayseri airport. After passing Kayseri, visit the 13 th centyry Seljukian Caravansarai "Karatayhan".The next stop will be in Pinarbaşi for a short tea break than drive to Tekir for Lunch.Take a picture of the beautiful scenery of the Tekir Valley.And then drive to Kahta.Tea break,transfer to hotel,overnight on Mt.Nemrut ( L-D )

DAY 2 NEMRUT HARRAN

Very early departure up to the ruins, After get off the minibus twenty five minutes climbing on foot to the top where you will watch the beautiful sun rise between the colossal size statues and heads of the kings and Gods. After sun rised time to walk around and taking pictures.

Then drive back to the hotel for breakfast. Drive to Kahta, on the way visit the ruins of the arsemia Roman bridge of Cendere and Tümülüs Tomb of Karakuş. Tea break in Kahta. Drive to Sanli Urfa-Harran on the way visit Ataturk Dam which is the biggest dam in Middle east.

Check in to hotel in Sanli Urfa,after lunch visit Abrahams Cave and the Pools of Holy Carp surrounding it, than walk around oriental covered bazaar drive to Harran.

Haran is a village of Spellbinding Mud-Birck "beehive" houses mentioned in the book of genesis where Abraham spend last years of his life.Visit the ruins of Harran including city walls, oldest islamic university and the castle dated to eighteen century. After the sun set drive back to the hotel, dinner and overnight in Sanli Urfa ( B-L-D )

DAY 3 SANLI URFA - GOREME

Departure from Sanli Urfa to Birecik which is the famous with its bald-ibis ( Kel aynak ) birds.This birds are living only in Bilecik in the world.There is not much left of them.There is a Breeding farm of Bald İbis birds.Having a lunch,drive up to the Taurus Mountain after Adana.Tea break than drive back to Goreme.B-L-D

DAY 4 North Cappadocia Tour

The departure time is 9:30 AM as you will be picked up from your hotel, we visit Goreme Open Air Museum consisting of five Byzantine Orthodox churches.

And then Uchisar to take pictures of “The Castle” and sightseeing. A break for lunch in Uchisar.You can enjoy Turkish cuisine in restaurant

And visit Avanos which is famous for its potteries.You can see their demonstration and you can try to make it.

After that a visit to the valley of fairy chimney,the name is Pasabagi.And then we see Rose Valley which has amazing beatiful red rock formations.

Next is the Devrent Valley and Ürgüp afterwards. Following that a panoramic view point to observe the fairy chimneys and the incredible rock formations and unforgettable sights.B-L-D

DAY 5 South Cappadocia Tour

Pick up from hotel at 9:30 AM.

The tour begins with a visit to Pigeon Valley which is large panorama valley continuing to Uchisar.Still pigeons live in the hole of cave.

And then visit the Underground City of Derinkuyu, the largest and the deepest Underground City in Cappadocia.We go down untill 8 levels.

After that continue to the Nar lake which lies in a crater. Water turtles and ducks can be observed.

Then to the Ihlara Valley which is the largest, deepest and the longest canyon in Cappadocia. The valley is like a paradise with its beautiful nature and rocks.Some animals like sheep to belong to local people can be observed.We hike about 3km beside the river in Ihlara Valley.After hiking Lunch in Belisirma.And continue to Selime for taking pictures by the pinnacles where some of the filming of “Star wars” was located.

Then drive back to hotel. B-L

After tour finish we drop you to Kayseri airport.

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Bonjour Berurier, how much does it cost?Hope you are not closto if you visit Derinkuyu

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Hi

does not seem that we go there. I wait for final price with domestic flight (Istanbul/Kayseri/Istanbul.

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments about this tour ?

I can only comment on the Cappadocia part of the tour, which sounds pretty good to me as you'll see a little bit of everything in the region (although in two days you won't be able to see it in depth). You'll love Cappadocia, berurier. It's truly like no other place on the planet. I bet it will be really hot in August, though!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Hi Berurier,

South eastern tours became very popular in recent years. Many travel agencies offer similar tours so its better to learn price first. Than we can check other operators for you as most of web sites are in Turkish only.

Alper

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments about this tour ?

I've done a similar south eastern tour and cappadocia tour (different times) before and I can really recommend it. The itinerary is very interesting. I have some photos of a very similar tour including Nemrut, cendere bridge, Harran, urfa, etc.Harran is very exotic and well preserved, kelaynak sanctuary is small but actually quite interesting,Urfa is a beautiful serene town with great history and bazaar, and Nemrut is not to be missed. A tour encompassing all these sites is worth joining in my opinion. We also visited the sunken city of Halfeti after dam waters flooded the town, which is near. Ataturk Dam is also an interesting site nearby. A tour including Mardin or Antioch (Antakya) would also be interesting.

flickr.com/photos/…

flickr.com/photos/…

flickr.com/photos/…

Kozano

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Thanks everyone for advices, comments and photos. I had a quite good proposal from an agency who is not in Istanbul , but in Goreme they gave me first a price which was very more reasonnable than agency based in istanbu. Also they write me a second time to give me a second price again less expensive ( - 80 euros/pers) due to different flights that will make us make the tour in different order .

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Can't comment on Mount Nemrut, etc part as we've not done that yet -still on list!

But knowing how much you travel I think you will be very disappointed if you only have two days in Cappadocia. The tours of North and South are good but you would be so much better with at least 4 days for this amazing area, there is just so much to see.

There are regular tours to Nemrut from Cappadocia - Monday and Thursday I think but that could be wrong.

Which company are you dealing with from Goreme as some of us have used companies from that area.

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comments about this tour ?

No doubt that what you say is right. But don't worry I will come back in Turkey and pass more time in Cappadocia. But it was hard to decide because I saw photos also from east part (Mardin, Urfa) and also wanted to go there.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comments about this tour ?

Yes, I know I've seen photos and really want to go there, too!

My daughter has decided the ideal trip is a week, at least, in Istanbul (absolutely essential) with a little side trip added - Ephesus, Cappadocia, etc. one day this trip will be to Nemrut, etc.

And if you only allow yourself this short trip to Cappadocia you will definitely need to go again. I suspect you will think that about your trip east, too!!!

Montbéliard
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comments about this tour ?

So here is the final tour. The guy has changed it a little bit so that it is less expensive with flghts. First was Istanbul/Kayseri/Istanbul flights, this one is Istanbul/Nevsehir Gaziantep/Istanbul and this makes 80 euros less per person. And he added Mardin :

DAY 1 South Cappadocia Tour

Pick up from Nevsehir airport at 11.00 AM.

The tour begins with a visit to Pigeon Valley which is large panorama valley continuing to Uchisar.Still pigeons live in the hole of cave.

And then visit the Underground City of Derinkuyu, the largest and the deepest Underground City in Cappadocia.We go down untill 8 levels.

After that continue to the Nar lake which lies in a crater. Water turtles and ducks can be observed.

Then to the Ihlara Valley which is the largest, deepest and the longest canyon in Cappadocia. The valley is like a paradise with its beautiful nature and rocks.Some animals like sheep to belong to local people can be observed.We hike about 3km beside the river in Ihlara Valley.After hiking Lunch in Belisirma.And continue to Selime for taking pictures by the pinnacles where some of the filming of “Star wars” was located.

Then drive back to hotel.( Lunch)

DAY 2 -North Cappadocia Tour

The departure time is 9:30 AM as you will be picked up from your hotel, we visit Goreme Open Air Museum consisting of five Byzantine Orthodox churches.

And then Uchisar to take pictures of “The Castle” and sightseeing. A break for lunch in Uchisar.You can enjoy Turkish cuisine in restaurant

And visit Avanos which is famous for its potteries.You can see their demonstration and you can try to make it.

After that a visit to the valley of fairy chimney,the name is Pasabagi.And then we see Rose Valley which has amazing beatiful red rock formations.

Next is the Devrent Valley and Ürgüp afterwards. Following that a panoramic view point to observe the fairy chimneys and the incredible rock formations and unforgettable sights.(Breakfast-Lunch)

DAY 3 NEMRUT MOUNTAIN

Departure in the morning from Cappadocia After passing Kayseri, visit the 13 th centyry Seljukian Caravansarai "Karatayhan".The next stop will be in Pinarbaşi for a short tea break than drive to Tekir for Lunch.Take a picture of the beautiful scenery of the Tekir Valley.And then drive to Kahta.Tea break,transfer to hotel,overnight on Mt.Nemrut (Breakfast- Lunch-Dinner )

DAY 4 NEMRUT- HARRAN

Very early departure up to the ruins, After get off the minibus twenty five minutes climbing on foot to the top where you will watch the beautiful sun rise between the colossal size statues and heads of the kings and Gods. After sun rised time to walk around and taking pictures.

Then drive back to the hotel for breakfast. Drive to Kahta, on the way visit the ruins of the arsemia Roman bridge of Cendere and Tümülüs Tomb of Karakuş. Tea break in Kahta. Drive to Sanli Urfa-Harran on the way visit Ataturk Dam which is the biggest dam in Middle east.

Check in to hotel in Sanli Urfa,after lunch visit Abrahams Cave and the Pools of Holy Carp surrounding it, than walk around oriental covered bazaar drive to Harran.

Haran is a village of Spellbinding Mud-Birck "beehive" houses mentioned in the book of genesis where Abraham spend last years of his life.Visit the ruins of Harran including city walls, oldest islamic university and the castle dated to eighteen century. After the sun set drive back to the hotel, dinner and overnight in Sanli Urfa ( Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner )

DAY 5 SANLI URFA - MARDIN

Departure from Sanli Urfa early morning to see Mardin after 2 hours drive we reach to Mardin we visit old town of mardin and Dairul Zefaren church Monastry which is still in service.After lunch we drive back through Urfa to Birecik which is the famous with its bald-ibis ( Kel aynak ) birds.This birds are living only in Bilecik in the world.There is not much left of them.There is a Breeding farm of Bald İbis birds.Then we drop you Gaziantep airport by 5 pm for onur air 6 pm flight to Istanbul(B-Lunch)