We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Tea

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apple Tea

Hi Everyone..

Just went to our local Turkish grocery store and they said they no longer could import authentic Apple Tea for some reason.

Can you share with me if there is a particular brand I should search out while in Turkey..that you would consider "THE BEST"

and has anyone had any issues with bringing it back into the states.

Thanks

Karen

PS we have now begun countdown mode in less than a month we will be in Istanbul :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Tea

Hi isail,

You can buy Turkish apple tea online in the States from tulumba.com. Here is the link: "http://www.tulumba.com/icy_srch.asp?ops=s&x=&tag=&s=apple+tea". Amazon also sells them . "www.amazon.com/s/qid=1237167561/ref=sr_kk_1…"

good luck,

enigma...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Tea

Oh THANK YOU!! I really appreciate this information!

Turkey is the 1st leg of our trip with 6 more airline flights after that..so wieght and space with my luggage will be limited and I want to attempt to save it for extra special items I cant find once i;m home!

K

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Tea

Good to know. As everyone else, I fell in love with turkish apple tea and bought several boxes at the grocery (brand: elma) in Konya and it didn't taste anywhere near the same.

Where is the Turkish grocery store in SF, please? I'm across the Bay from you, Karen.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Tea

Hi!

It;s the International Food Bazaar in San Jose on Union Ave, the cross stree is Curtner Ave.

he has greek food, eastern europe and middle east products too. VERY VERY nice and if theres something you have fallen in love with overseas and he doesnt carry ..if you provided him with the description he will do his best to get it...

I know he is Kayseri Cheese, Turkish yougurt,and alot of lokrum

he also carries attiki honey from greece which is my favorite

we have several small international stores not necessarily turkish.. popping up besides the usual..so send me a pm if you decide to head down to sjc and i will give you names and location NONE are on the east side

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Tea

oops pardon the mistakes..i was just waking up.

6. Re: Apple Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 21, 2009