We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galata Tower, open at night?

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Galata Tower, open at night?

Would like to see the city from this high-vantage point at night as well if possible.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,139 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

There is a restaurant and club in the Galata Tower so they are most certainly open at night.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

The upper gallery is unfortunately closed after 8 p.m. so the restaurant can be the only choice if you want to have a night view from Galata.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

As well as Galata Tower, as Istanbul is built on hills there are tens of rooftop bars and restaurants around town with just as good, if not better views of the city at night such as Leb-i Derya, Vogue, rooftop bar of Ceylan Intercontinental Hotel, Marmara Hotel, etc.

See a photo I took from Leb-i derya last month looking over to the Sultanahmet peninsula:

www.flickr.com/photos/kozano/3203007481/

Kozano

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

Thanks for the info, though I will be there at the tail end of May (29-31st), so it could not be warm enough yet to sit out on the rooftop bars....

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

All of have covered areas as well, Istanbul people love their views 12 months.

6. Re: Galata Tower, open at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 13, 2009