We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avicenna Hotel

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Avicenna Hotel

I have just returned from a seven day holiday in Istanbul.My trip was booked as a package holiday from an up-market UK tour company. I have been a single traveller for the past 15 years and have travelled very extensively around the World. I have never before had the problems in regard to the allocation of a room, which occurred at this hotel. I selected this hotel from the excellent reports on TA and also the description given in the Tour Company brochure.

I have posted a Trip Report on my experiences in regard to my room allocation experience.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293974-d294…

My message is to be aware that this hotel although very well located and of a high standard does have some very inferior rooms!

Other than the problem in regard to my hotel room I had a very enjoyable stay and found the transport system using the tramway and ferries excellent and very cheap by UK prices. At the end of my trip I had become quite experienced in the selection of a resturant to suit my needs. Initially I found this extremely confusing !

I will be posting on other Threads my experiences as appropriate. Thanks to the many regular posters on this site for all the information provided which I found extremely useful.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,297 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avicenna Hotel

Thanks for this post CuriousOldie. I am sure visitors to this forum will benefit a lot out of your review of Hotel Avicenna. However we will also appreciate a trip report that covers other areas besides the accomodation.

cheers,

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avicenna Hotel

I have posted in other Threads my experience in other aspects of my trip as appropriate.

Galata Area

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2284…

Private Tour

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2265…

What is Istanbul Like

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2283…

ATMs

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2283…

I consider this approach more helpful than posting a long Trip Report which is soon buried in the Archives.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avicenna Hotel

I am quite surprised by your experiences on the Avicenna - we have stayed there quite a few times and have always had wonderful stays and found the staff and service to be very good indeed (even on the occasion we stayed in a very tiny room indeed - which was the one time we booked through a tour company!).

I do however believe that the management have changed since we last stayed there, and so I hope this is not a sign that things are going downhill - as it is a well located hotel that did provide good service, and we have always said we would return there.

Incidentally, we have also always found we have had better service, better rooms and more chance of room upgrades etc by dealing with hotels directly rather than by buying a package through a tour company.

4. Re: Avicenna Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 09, 2009