We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz-Carlton Location - How far from Sultanahmet?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Ritz-Carlton Location - How far from Sultanahmet?

Hello TAs:

I've read that the Ritz-Carlton is on a steep hill close to Takism. Why does everyone keep mentioning this? Is it unbearable to walk?

Also, if I want to go to the Sultanahmet area, how far is it and can I walk or do I need to take a cab? How much would a cab fare be from Takism to Sultanahmet?

Is the hotel close to restaurants/bars to go out at night or would I have to cab that as well?

THANKS!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,485 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz-Carlton Location - How far from Sultanahmet?

Hi cxb370,

Ritz Carlton is on a hill but a very short hill. Taksim square is only 10 minutes walk from Ritz Carlton. To Sultanahmet, you can either take a cab, or walk to Taksim square and take the short funicular ride to Kabatas and take the Zeytinburnu tram from Kabatas and get off at Sultanahmet stop. Taksim/Beyoglu area is full of restaurants, bars, cafes and stores. You don't need a cab, just walk along the Istiklal avenue. This avenue and the side streets are where all the stores, bars, cafes and restaurants are located.

cheers,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz-Carlton Location - How far from Sultanahmet?

Ritz Carlton is on a steep hill, as is most of Istanbul, at the end of a long day of sightseeing it is very steep up, easier downhill from Taksim of course. It is indeed near Taksim square and Istiklal Street. These areas are busy day and night by with locals eating, strolling, clubbing, shopping.

But, a warning, I would be very wary of walking from Taksim to the hotel, the route is very isolated and queit, with parks around and not really recommended to walk alone at night especially if you are a tourist, even locals in groups would not, I don't mean to scare you, it is a bit like not strolling into the heart of Central Park in NY after dark. Daytime, no problem. Once you are in taksim square and Istiklal street, no problem any time of day and night.

Kozano

3. Re: Ritz-Carlton Location - How far from Sultanahmet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 28, 2009