We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic evening in istanbul

toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
romantic evening in istanbul

hi everyone

as i posted before... my wife and i will be on our honeymoon in turkey in the last week of april and first week of may...

my wife's birthday is also falling on one of the days we will be in istanbul...

i was hoping i can get some ideas on how to make this day even more special for her...

all ideas are welcome!!! :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,388 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

Dear guvernor,

Recently we had a magnificent discussion at this forum on romance in Istanbul. The following link will give you great ideas on what to do that evening:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1552…

Good Luck,

toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

Thanks enigma..

i had sent you a private message as well earlier.. not sure if you got to it..

i would really appreciate your response!

thanks! :)

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,035 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

P.S. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You'll have to change your name for posting then - she'll be the Guvernor once you're married!

My suggestion, if your budget allows, to plan a little surprise side trip to Cappadocia. (that's if you haven't already planned to go there)

Istanbul
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

Just book a table at the Maiden's Tower (Kiz Kulesi)

Book a private car. Drive to Camlica hill before the dinner from the boshporus bridge and get a small boat to the maiden's tower from Salacak.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

Hi all,

Let me go further Talisman, rent her a Sultan Boat instead of a car for Maidens tower! Anyway, I'm sure she'll never forget this birthday:)

Link: http://www.sultankayiklari.com/

Best wishes, Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

The dinner cruise on the Bospohros is rather charming, you can book it through any local agent.

Also, Kumkapi is a nice place to have dinner particularly if the weather is fair.

The Cistern is IMO a very romantic setting for addressing happy birthday wishes.

Weather permitting, I might recommend a day trip to the Buyukada island.

All the best of luck and happiness in your new, married life!

7. Re: romantic evening in istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 19, 2009