We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Just today my girlfriend and I booked a 5+ day trip to Istanbul for the first week of November--couldn't be more excited! That having been said, we still need to find a place to stay, and though I've scoured TripAdvisor for popular hotel picks, I have yet to see one that is price-driven. Being on a very modest budget, we're looking for something in the heart of the city--the Sultanahmet district--that's going to provide us a comfy bed and a private bathroom...and that's really all we require. I've noticed that many hotels supply a nice, modest breakfast, while others also supply a nice view of the sea, and though both perks are welcome, they are not necessary, as we plan to be out and about in the city a majority of the time and can get our fill of both view and food there. A friend of mine has recommended the Cordial House (though reviews are mixed here), and the Stone Hotel--through my own research--sounds pretty nice. I'd say our maximum price per night is $75...though we'd like to aim for something closer to $50. Any suggestions?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Also, if you know of a particular place to book the hotel you recommend, in order to get the best rate, please include that. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

How about the Apricot Hotel? It comes up here on TA with a price of "USD 42 all year round"

No doubt Busy Retired will fill you in about it when she surfaces (time difference and that!) as it is her favourite.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Gumby --

FYI - The Apricot actually has a rate of 69 euros for a single - at today's rate that's a little over $96 US - The web site hasn't been updated since before there was dirt.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

You might try to email the Apricot directly. Rates drop the first of November as Sultanahmet enters winter season. The web site is not as old as dirt, but it is four years old. I'm not sure what is happening with the web site, but I believe they will soon change it.

I do not know if there is any place in Sultanahmet that does not offer a breakfast. Frankly, it is a pretty good deal, and I do not normally enjoy free hotel breakfasts. I love a traditional Turkish breakfast, cucumbers, tomatoes, several different cheese and meat choices, thick Turkish yogurt, bread, tea. The Apricot even offered orange juice they squeezed as you walked into the room, brewed coffee and eggs cooked to order. We ate there nearly every morning during our month in Istanbul. It was so easy to just zip up to breakfast and then hit the streets without having to worry about breakfast.

I have never heard of either the Cordial House of the Stone Hotel. I'm not sure you will be able to find a place in Istanbul with a private bathroom for only $50USD. I think that $75USD is probably doable. Since it is off season, you might try to negotiate with the hotel for a lower room rate. I do that all the time in the US, and almost always with great success. I just say that the rate is too expensive and do they have a less expensive room or a rate special.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Hi BC trav is right the old web site for the Apricot hotel has prices listed from 2005. The new web page is;

http://hotelapricot.com/en/index.php

Here are the rates as listed on their web site;

hotelapricot.com/en/rates-and-reservation.php

From November 4 - December 20th - 54 Euro for a small double room in the 1st building. Which is about 75 US $ per night with breakfast.

If you visit the link about you will see that they have a varity of prices depending on the type of room.

I have for years recommended the Apricot Hotel in Istanbul and many of my guests have stayed there. Check out the reviews on the TA;

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d304801…

hope this helps

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Thanks for the heads-up on the Apricot Hotel - I've already checked it out, and have found a slight discrepancy in the dates they list prices for--much of the time I'll be in Istanbul (last day of October through early November) isn't listed, so I'm waiting to see if the staff will get online so that I can discuss the rates with them--the "Contact Us" section of their website doesn't seem to work. But it sounds teriffic, and I'm definitely interested. If it falls through, I'll likely use the Stone Hotel as a back-up.

Any suggestions on "must see" restaurants/coffee shops/beers?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Perhaps you might have a look to "Artefes Hotel".

It had a rate of 60 EUR. but as we paid cash we had to pay 54 EUR and had one airport transfer free and the way back for 20 EUR.

Have a nice travel

Patara01

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

Does anyone know how to get an email to the Apricot Hotel? I'm attempting to validate rates, to determine if I'll be booking wit hthem, but all emails I send get retruned due to various errors on the website. as I'd seen mentioned earlier, it looks like their website has a tendency to go haywire. :)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

I reached Hakkan on Sunday with the following address: reservation@apricothotel.com. If that is not successful try infor@apricothotel.com. I know they are having some computer issues right now. You could also try calling. They are seven hours ahead of us. The phone number is 90 212 638 1658. I think you have to dial 011 if you are calling from your home phone in Savannah. I usually call a little before 3:00 pm and catch Mehmet just before his shift ends.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive hotels in Istanbul--any suggestions?

You could always try to fax them with your queries;

Fax : 00-90-212-638 16 58

If from the US dial 011 90 212 638 1658