We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What not to miss in Topkapi

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oman
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
What not to miss in Topkapi

What Should I not miss to see in the topkapi palace

Also is it recommneded to see the treasury and the harems ?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What not to miss in Topkapi

Is there a reason you cannot see all of Topkapi? It is difficult to select only parts of this historic place. I absolutely would not miss the treasury, and the harem is very popular. I know that some parts of Topkapi have been closed. I believe they hope to re-open them by Ramadan, but I do not know if that is going to happen.

I am including some of the text Alper wrote in responding to a question regarding what parts of Topkapi are closed. There is a url included. Perhaps you can consult that and see if these portions of the palace are still closed. It would make you choice easier if some parts of Topakapi are not available for tourists currently.

some parts of Topkapı Palace is closed for visitors.

- Chamber of Sacred Relics

- Bagdat Kiosk

- Koca Mustafa Pasa Kiosk

till 30.09.2007,

- Library

till 31.12.2007

Link: http://www.topkapisarayi.gov.tr/

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What not to miss in Topkapi

Topkapi is, for me, one of the highlights of a visit to Istanbul - so try and take time to explore it all and get the feeling for what life was like for those who lived and worked within its walls.

If you are limited by time however, the Harem is a must (buy your Harem tickets early or you may not get in - depending on the time of year you are visiting).

Caro

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What not to miss in Topkapi

If you cannot see all of the Palace and have to pick just a few things then I would certainly recommend the Harem and the Treasuary.

The Chamber of Holy Relics is a particular favourite of mine but may be closed.

Also just walk around the grounds and enjoy the wonderful views over the Bosphorus and Mamara

Oman
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What not to miss in Topkapi

Thanks all For your suggestions !

5. Re: What not to miss in Topkapi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 09, 2009