We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend Istanbul

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls weekend Istanbul

My sister and I are flying to Istanbul for 3 nights this Friday the 29th of June.

Could you please recommend the best and safest night spots, we prefer pop, disco and house.

Could you also mention some top restarants local to the Hyatt.

Is it worth taking a trip to the Princes Islands, keeping in mind we are in the city 3 nights only.

With thanks

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

Hi Breezy: what a great idea. Check out our Istanbul Restaurants Picks thread on top of the forum homepage for nightclubs. Also your hotel is in Taxim and there are lots of restaurants in that neighborhood. Most of the restaurants on the picks thread have a neighborhood designation. Go down to Nevizade Street for lots of choice. Forumites like Boncuk at number 19. TaximOda across from Ataturk Statue has light meals, there's pizza, kebabs, great meals at Haci Abdullah.

I would keep Princes Island for another time and opt for ferry to Anatolian side. Good shopping on Bagdat Street. Don't forget to get some perfume mixed in Spice Bazaar, see Orhan at number 31 Misr Carsisi inside the bazaar and tell him the forum sent you. Happy Travel, LL

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,411 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

Hi Breezy,

seen teh tempreatures I would think it is very wise to visit the Princes' islands, not only down the Aegean and Mediterranean it is extemely hot, heat in a city even 10 degrees less can feel even more hot.

But you have 3 days, you can see a lot, take it easy, drink a lot of water, you can easily manage to visit Topkapi palace (half a day). In Topkapi is a Konyali restaurant, very good turkish food, either a la carte or self service.

The rest of the day walk to the Blue mosque and Aya Sophia, when the heat gets to much go in the cisterns.

The second day visit Istiklal street, Galata Tower, Grand Bazar and Egyptian market, can be done in one walk down from Taksim.

Have a meal after visiting Egyptianmarket in Hamdi, very nive views over the Golden Horn and Bosphorus (Eminönü).

Third day Princes Islands......

Perhaps one evening take the metro down to Levent from Taksim, this is just a few stops away and look around in Kanyon mall, very impressive and nice shops and restaurants.

HAve a very nice time!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

Hi Breezy,

Banlieue is one of top clubs, across your hotel. Also Cahide Sayfiye is another populer club few meters away from your hotel, with draq queen shows and pop music. Both are good and safe and serve international food. After 22pm they serve as club.

Ortakoy is the center for night life in summer. A short taxi ride from your hotel but dont forget traffic jam. 2 popular clubs are Reina and Sortie. Links:

For Taksim area visit my blog: http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Best wishes, Alper

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

when i was there my favourite club was called She-va its 5 floor building with different music playing on each floor - mostly dance music like benni bennasi etc.!!

It's in Taksim, i'm sure someone will help point you in the right direction (off a side st at the bottom of the main rd)

have fun!!! tell me if you go!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

Hi BreezyB,

I'm in Istanbul right now for a week's holiday and since friday evening, us 2 girls went to Reina, Nu terrace (twice both Friday and Saturday, and to finish the night (after 3am) to Crystal Lounge.

Nu Terrace is more pop, hip hop, dance tunes, Crystal is more electronic house, the style of Fabric or Ministry of Sound in London.

I prefer Riena for earlier, meal and lounge bar stage, the dance music there is very pop but they play nice Turkish tunes as well.

So ideal long night would be 9pm Reina for food (drinks in the bar earlier if you wish to watch the sunset, then stay there until 12, then head to Beyoglu (near your hotel's Taksim district) for Nu Terrace, great view and dance floor would get busy around 1, then head to Crystal at 3am if you still feel like partying, 6am go out and have some after club eats in Ortakoy, and head back to hotel. Of course you may want to skip the last bits if you want to have some rest and do the sites the next day :-)

Cahide is also very good and would recommend to go there meal + club one night, as Alper suggested and very close to your hotel.

Hyatt is very close to Taksim square and there are numerous good restaurants there, can you specify cuisine, and style: hip, traditional, elegant, etc.

Have fun!!!

6. Re: Girls weekend Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 04, 2009