We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrefour!

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Carrefour!

Hi,

I read a lot about Carrefour but it didnt mentioned about the transportation. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go there. Can I go with metro and from where. Do the station near to it or quite a distance?

Thanks.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrefour!

I think you mean this Carrefour:

Carrefour Haramidere Alışveriş Merkezi

The only Carrefour Shopping Mall of the European side is located on E-5 highway between Avcılar and Büyükçekmece. Besides several shops it also hosts Carrefour Supermarket for your daily needs. Carrefour Haramidere is also a favorite shopping place for those having week-end or summer houses in Kumburgaz, Selimpaşa and Silivri. It is open everyday between 10-22 and has free parking for visitors.

Londra Asfaltı, Yakuplu Köyü, Beylikdüzü

Tel: (212) 852 06 06

If you are not driving a taxi is the best way to go I think. LemonLady

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrefour!

Hi LL,

Thanks a lot for the information. I guess it is either you drive or use taxi to go there. So I guess I would be going only to the Kanyon Mall and MetroCity then!!

Thanks again.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrefour!

Hi Peeka: you will enjoy these malls and I think that Carrefour has taken over Gima supermarkets and you will find it at Metro City. VR will know for sure but I think I remember a post where she says this. LL

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrefour!

Hi Peekaboo,

Yes I like the Carrefour stores very much. I usually visit the one in Icerenköy as this one is close to my house, and there is also a Bauhaus next to it. All Carrefour hypermarkets are in a mall, these malls offer good parketspace, and have nice cafe's, good food floor and nice small shops.

Another very nice Carrefour one because the mall is larger is Tepe Nautilus in Kadiköy's Acibadem. To visit this one you can cross by ferry and either walk or a small taxiride.

Here you find all the malls:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shopping_malls_i…

I am afraid Metrocity has a Migros but that one is not bad but I always will prefer Carrefour.

Actually Carrefour offers a minibus transport. The only thing is I do not know where they collect people.

Anyway, the Wikipedia site is just wonderful, click on the words and you find so much more information.

Enjoy your shopping.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carrefour!

Hi LL and VR,

Thanks so much for the infos. Yes, me too like Carrefour very much, I used to visit them when I was in Kuala Lumpur and also in Cairo. It offers you everything in one big place!

Wish it is easy to go there but I think it is difficult if a person didnt have a car. Thanks again.

6. Re: Carrefour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 01, 2009