We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

I am thinking about staying at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel in Buyukdere Caddesi, 49 located in the business district.

Please let me know what you think about the location of his hotel. How accessible is this to the tourist attractions, restaurants, etc?

There are no reviews posted yet since the hotel is accepting reservations beginning May 15. The only reason I want to stay in this hotel is to use advantage of hotel points but obviously if it is not convenient, I will reconsider.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Hi running shoes,

I'm working in the same district. The main problem in this district is traffic jam. Plus there're metro and road constructions going on, another reason for traffic jam. Historical area is far from hotel and cannot be reached quickly. If you're not in Istanbul for business, I dont recomend this hotel.

Best wishes, Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Hi: I agree with Alper. Maslak is often the main historic area of Istanbul, Sultanahmet. I would check out our Istanbul Hotel Picks thread for other suggestions. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Hi there,

They are creating 'Mashattan' near Maslak, guess why?

The only reason I come there is beacuse I have a friend working in Pabetland, a nice furniture and soft decoration shop. They also have a really good restaurant inside, try the lemon pie, Alper!

Pabetland is moving near Akmerkez this summer, I wonder if I will still go to Maslak.

Traffic is hell in this area!

So like the other 2 I would recommend to stay more near Sultanahmet or Beyoglu.

Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Thanks so much for the responses. I will have to find another hotel.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

Hi Running Shoes, I think you'd like to stay in either Sultanahmet or Taxim, I seem to remember you be interested in the art scene. My pick in Taxim is the Central Palace Hotel, a really nice place in a great location. www.thecentralpalace.com/ Alos in Taxim I like the Galata Antique Hotel, www.galataantiquehotel.com/

In Sutanhamet there are wonderful hotels: Daphne, Zeynep Sultan, Valide Sultan, Dersaadet, Apricot, Nena, Ada.

Happy Travel, LemonLady

6. Re: Business District in Istanbul/Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 01, 2009