We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pastirma and cheese sandwiches

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
102 reviews
Pastirma and cheese sandwiches

I'm asking in the Istanbul forum because I think it has more Turkish citizens than other forums and therefore can give better advice on this.

I will be staying two nights in Pamukkale and plan to take a full day to visit not just the pools and the thermal bath but the Hierapolis archaeological site as well. I understand that the food within the site is not only expensive but of poor quality.

I will be there on Monday, October 1.

So I was thinking of taking some water, fresh fruit, and sandwiches to eat.

Since pastirma is air dried cured I would think I could use it with some cheese to make sandwiches.

Suggestions please. Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Pastirma and cheese sandwiches

I love pastırma. But while toasted pastırma and cheese is probably OK, I think you may find the uncooked version a bit, well, chewy. I also hope you're not planning on going out in company afterwards. :)

My suggestion: buy some "jambon" - a sort of light salami made from veal, chicken or turkey - or maybe "gögüs füme" - sliced chicken or turkey - and use either of those instead for the sandwiches.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
1 review
2. Re: Pastirma and cheese sandwiches

Hi,

Pastırma is covered with fenugreek which smells uninvitingly. I double GG's advice.

A.

Edited: 4:44 am, September 25, 2018
Reply to: Pastirma and cheese sandwiches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted