We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadocia or Ankara

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Cappadocia or Ankara

Hi All! My name is Joycelyn and I will be visiting Turkey mid December with my boyfriend. We will be in Turkey for 7 nights and plan on spending 3 nights in Istanbul, 2 nights in Göreme and 2 nights in Ankara.

However, I am in a dilemma at the moment as I am unsure if we should spend another night in Göreme and cut it down to 1 night in Ankara. Thoughts? Our plans are flexible, itineraries are welcomed! 😊

Thank you!!

Regards,

Joycelyn

6 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

One full day is enough for Ankara unless you're planning to travel to surrounding sites, which you are not.

In fact, with only 7 days, suggest 4 in Istanbul and 3 in Göreme; otherwise it will be a very superficial stay. Also, suggest you start in Göreme and end up in Istanbul to save time.

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

Hi GrandGourmand! Thank you for your prompt reply and input! Will definitely look into it!

Regards,

Joycelyn

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8,007 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

Agree with GG, in 7 days stick with Istanbul and Cappadocia. Maximise your time by flying straight to Cappadocia as soon as you land in Turkey.

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

Thank you!! We will go with this plan :)

Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

You can do Ankara in a day easily. Spend the extra day in Cappadoica because it is stunning. Two days would be too rushed. I have written up a day hiking guide in Cappadocia for independent travelers. Hope this gives you some idea of what there is to do there. I will also be writing up one about the historical sites around the area as well.

Day Hikes in Cappadocia

https:/…

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
6. Re: Cappadocia or Ankara

Dear Eric,

Thank you so much for the link! Will definitely be reading up before we go!

Regards,

Joycelyn

Reply to: Cappadocia or Ankara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted