We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football matches

Edinburgh
7 posts
Save Topic
Football matches

Hi there, I know the chances are pretty slim but is there any games on between May 10-16 2007. I really want to catch one even if it is only a friendly, I don't know when the league finishes over there. Our last game here in Scotland is the cup final on 26 may so I was hoping there would still be fixtures in Istanbul in May, any help appreciated, thank you, Chris.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football matches

Hi : Alper will know if there are still matches being played at the time of your trip. It is really neat to go and see a football match in Istanbul, just make sure that if Fenerbahce is playing you root for them. LOL, Happy Day, LemonLady

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Football matches

Hi chris & LL,

Chris I think you noticed that LL is supporting FB and they're very closed to be the new champion. In istanbul we've 3 major teams: Fenerbahce, Galatasaray & Besiktas.

On 13 May only FB is playing in Istanbul and this is an Anatolian derby: Fenerbahce - Trabzonspor.

Tickets would be available here online nearly one week before: www.biletix.com but dont forget its hard to find tickets for a derby so check site frequently.

Best wishes, Alper

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football matches

Thanks Alper and of course as I must say, Fenerbahce Rules! LL

Edinburgh
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football matches

Thank you LL and Alper. I will try to get a ticket for that game, derbies are always special, guess I'll be an adopted FB fan then. Thanks again, Chris.

los angeles, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Football matches

Hi Hibbychris-

Check out my reply to the posting "Going to a Football Match in Istanbul" on Sept. 2 in this Istanbul forum. You might find some of the information helpful.

We just finished watching a Fenerbahce v. Denizli game on our Turkish satellite here in California and Fener tied. Not good - but they are still 2 points ahead of Besiktas. Hopefully by the time you see them in May they'll be much closer to securing their first place finish! Lemonlady knows what she is talking about. Go Fener!

6. Re: Football matches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 30, 2009