We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cemberlitas hamam

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
cemberlitas hamam

Have just returned from a wonderful 7 night stay in Istanbul and decided to try the Cemberlitas Hamam and paid 60TL for 'the works' - 15 minute foam massage and the 30 minute oil massage.

My experience was not a very good one - while the architecture of the building is beautiful and dates back hundreds of years, the indifferent service spoilt my enjoyment of the experience. It was very busy when (6p.m.) I went, so maybe they were pushed for time, but I did not get the 15 minute foam massage as advertised - it was a cursory rub down and then I had to wait for what seemed like over an hour for the oil massage in the adjoining room. There were about 8 of us waiting and many of the ladies were complaining - one left! and when I did get my massage, it certainly was not 30 minutes. I felt very let lown by my experience and would not rate it as one of the highlights of my trip.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cemberlitas hamam

Hi Lynanne: I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Istanbul and sorry about your experience at Cemberlitas. I think as you do that they just got overextended and that caused the waiting and reduced services.

Many forum posters have had good experiences at Cemberlitas but I prefer Cagaloglu. I have been going there for 14 years and have never had bad service there. For the same amount you paid I always get the works too. I usually go mid morning when it is fairly slow, then I go to lunch and then I am fit for shopping.

Come back and see us again and try Cagaloglu. Happy Travel, LemonLady

2. Re: cemberlitas hamam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, August 29, 2009