We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what the current process/requirements are for a Pakistani Citizen residing in Pakistan to apply for a Turkish tourist visa.

Basically, if we plan to visit Turkey from the UK, then my daughter's husband would like to come and join her in Turkey during our visit from the UK. He was refused (no reason on passport) a visa when he applied back in November 2015 in person at the Islamabad Turkish Embassy.

Other questions I would like to ask are that:

1. When he fills out any visa application form, can his wife (living in UK) produce a letter and bank statements to say that she will cover his costs whilst in Turkey?

2. Will our hotel reservation confirmation, with his name on it as well, be sufficient as proof of accommodation for the visit.

3. With regards to flight booking, he doesn't really want to book that until he knows that he has actually got the visa - otherwise he could lose money. Would just a reservation be OK or how else would he get round this without actually paying for the ticket?

Many thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,395 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

boat786, Can he not get a UK spouse visa to see his wife?. If he can, matters would be very simple, because then he can apply for a Turkish evisa at "www.evisa.gov.tr", and get one by using the valid UK visa as a supporting document. Otherwise the embassy/consulate route is more bureacratic, more expensive, and takes more time.

Also have a look at the following theread, the many posts on the page, and especially my post 114: "https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29397…".

good luck,

enigma...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

Hi Enigma,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, due to rules in the UK, my daughter cannot apply for the Spouse visa yet as she does not have a permanent job yet . I will look at the other information you have mentioned as I know it is a complicated procedure especially when he has been refused a turkish visa in 2015.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

Hi Boat!

Pakistan is basically the gutter of the world when it comes to getting a visa to go anywhere.

Also the process seems very complicated & chaotic. Many potential Pak based visitors have posted here in last few months about waiting months for a decision & losing out on flights & hotel bookings (not reservations).

As for UK visa...jeez, last 2 visitor visa applications rejected outright..no right of appeal.

Really stupid reasons given.

Good luck with the spouse visa application....but she needs to start working and earning soon!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

Thanks Spotboy - She is actually working on a temp contract and also a carer so she just needs another three months extension and she's OK to apply for spouse visa. It's all very complicated these days.

5. Re: Current Visa application process for a Pakistani Citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, yesterday