We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

London
5 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

Ok, sorry for the desperation in my title, but I am really worried about my upcoming Honeymoon. My fiancee and I have agreed that due to our passion for Istanbul and its history there's really no other place for us.

The problem comes with finding a good honeymoon suite in sultanahmet. I've spent literally days scouring the web for one and the best I could come up with (for under 300 euros / $400 a night)was the Honeymoon suite at Uyan Hotel.

However Uyan has got mixed ratings from your website and hardly anyone has commented much on the honeymoon suite. Also from looking at the pictures on the website the honeymoon suite looks smaller than the deluxe rooms (which are already taken.)

If Anyone has any other suggestions for a cosy yet modern room that would make for a good honeymoon suite in Istanbul it would be greatly appreciated.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

Hi illuminatus and all,

I've checked Radisson SAS Ortaköy rates for you, superior bosphorus room rate is 230 EUR, nearly 300 USD.

Check hotel facilities here: http://www.radissonsas.com/

Best wishes, Alper

London
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

hey everyone,

thanks for your messages and help. We've managed to narrow down the list to a choice between the Uyan hotel Honeymoon suite and the Junior suite in the Ottoman Hotel Imperial.

We asked both of the hotels to send us a few more pictures of the room (not just the ones they have on their website.) While the Ottoman Hotel Imperial sent some digital photos straight away, uyan hotel have said they can't.

Does anyone know of any way i can get some pictures (besides the ones on the website) of the Honeymoon suite in the Uyan hotel? I really like the look of the room but it looks like it might be kind of small + weirdly shaped. Any ideas?

State College...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

Hey there!

It's so funny because I've just recently narrowed down our honeymoon hotel choices to Uyan, Ottoman Imperial and Sumahan on the Water. They all look lovely, but I'm a bit worried about some of the negative reviews for the Uyan, and I agree with you that the Honeymoon Suite doesn't look as nice as the Superior Room, although it costs more and is supposed to be the best room, so I'm not sure what the rest of it looks like!

Ottoman Imperial seems nice as well, and I like the look of the rooms, but they are a bit more pricey than the Uyan and so I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

Sumahan looks fabulous, but it's pretty far away from the main sights of the city over on the Asian side, so we'd have to take a ferry everywhere. Not sure how I feel about that!! And it's expensive.

So sorry I can't offer too much help, although I think the choices you have narrowed it down to are good ones, and I think although the Uyan does have a few bad reviews, most are very specific customer-service related reviews about overbooking, etc., as opposed to the location and look of the hotel.

Let me know which one you choose! When is your honeymoon? We will be there the first 2 weeks of September.

Kate

London
5 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

hi weathergirl et al,

sorry i took so long to reply to everyone... not had much time off for sometime. My honeymoon is in june/july and after istanbul we plan on going on pilgrimmage to Mecca and Medina...

Plan to review all the hotels we stay at for tripadvisor!

15. Re: HELP!!! Honeymoon worries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 29, 2009