We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

Hi, we have a few days spare to squeeze in a mini break and Istanbul has come up a few times on searching Thomas Cook. We have never been before so would appreciate some help. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations or areas we should look at? Will probably have 2 full days to explore so ideally want to be within walking distance if that is possible? On reading some of the hotels on the Thomas Cook site we are unsure what we should book.

Thanks for any help or tips

Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

Hello

Sultanahmet is the best place to stay most famous attractions are walking distance. Not sure about your budget for hotel, have a look on booking.com.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
377 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

I would recommend Sirkeci Mansion or Lalahan Hotel, both located in Sirkeci and within walking distance to all the major sites. They have outstanding service and also provide complimentary tours for their guests (my favourites are the Culinary Tour and the Wednesday Market Tour). Both hotels are so close to tram stops and owned by the same group. I can't recommend them enough.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Mugla, Turkey
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

I have stayed at the Taşkonak Hotel several tımes. A mid range hotel a short walk from Sultanahmet. It has a rooftop terrace where a sumptious buffet breakfast is served. Look at their web site. Highly reccomended Enjoy

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

Thanks Alan , will check the website

6. Re: Any hotel recommendations for a first timer and info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 22, 2018