We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

LemonLady, thanks for your quick and helpful suggestions. I do notice that most of these small hotels are south of the Blue Mosque so that the sea views are of the Marmara, not the Bosporus. If this isn't being just too picky for words, are there any in Sultanahmet, close to the main attractions, but also with that dramatic view across the Bosporus (but also with that high level of polish I tried to describe in my previous post)?

Once again, LemonLady, we're thrilled that you share all your knowledge and experience so freely. (And of course we'd welcome ideas from any and all others.)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

Try the Hotel Tashkonak which is immediately behind the Blue Mosque.

It has a roof-top terrace restaurant with views taking in the Bosphorus AND the Sea of Marmara.

www.hoteltashkonak.com

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

Hi Again: I can think of three hotels that have a Bosphorus view in Sultanahmet, of course the best Bosphorus view at a hotel is at the luxurious and pricey Ciragan Palace Hotel in Ortokoy about a 30 minutes away from Sultanahmet.

But here they are, check out reviews by using the forum search box:

Yashmak Sultan, Dersaadet, Angels Home.

Since it is the trip of a lifetime it is ok being picky. Happy Travel, LemonLady

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

oops, just remembered another Hotel Sebnem. I love the view from the roof of my home of the Sea of Marmara. In the morning the sun glints off the sea and the boats, the birds fly around the ruined minaret of the Mosque next door, in the evening the sunset takes your breath away. Happy Travel, LemonLady

4. Re: Picky Follow-up Question for LemonLady

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 21, 2009