We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what part of turkey is for us

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
78 reviews
what part of turkey is for us

really want to try turkey for the first time this september, but haven't got a clue were to stay.

have looked at numerous parts but still unsure.

we want somewhere that has a choice of restaurants and bars for a week.

some bars with a bit of entertainment.

not too expensive to eat and drink

we dont want somewhere thats very busy packed with brit bars (dont mind the odd one)

dont want lots of hassle with pr's pestering you to come into their bar/restaurant.

ideally no more than a hour transfer but am willing to travel further to the right place.

have looked at a few resort that have been recommended to me i.e. icmeler , hisaronu, ovacik and olu deniz..

icmeler and hisaronu sound to busy for my liking.

please help.

tracey

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,431 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: what part of turkey is for us

From your description, I would suggest Bitez.

It is a small quiet resort, with lots of nice restaurants, and the added benefit of only being 10-15 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Bodrum town and the livelier neighbouring resort of Gumbet, in case you decide you would like a change of pace on the odd evening.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: what part of turkey is for us

Have you looked at Dalyan? That's very quiet, laid back etc but there are bars for the entertainment you want.

I personally love Olu deniz, there are a few more brit bars popping up, but there is a vast choice of more chilled out authentic restaurants and bars on the sea front/away from the main strip. I'd definitely say Hisaronu a big no no.

Icmeler has lovely quieter parts in the old village too.

Edited: 8:30 am, August 10, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: what part of turkey is for us

All your requirements can be met in many different resorts so it can be confusing. One of the best ways to narrow choice is to see which airport - Izmir , Bodrum , Dalaman , Antalya the best flights cost and time wise go from your local airport. If Bodrum is an option for you there are a number of resorts that meet your criteria within an hour from the airport. Bodrum is the main resort and is also a working city but Bodrum is also the name of a peninsula with other resorts. All are linked to Bodrum city by a dolmus (bus) service and a good road network if you choose to drive. Quieter resorts with less 'Brit style ' entertainment are Bitez as suggested above , Yalikavak ,Gündoğan , Gümüşluk. All of these have their own character so it depends on what you like. All have a choice of accomadation from AI to self catering and varying price range. Have a look at this on line guide and it is also available on Amazon if you opt to visit this area.

Turkey is a wonderful place to holiday but there is a huge difference in resorts so once you pick one to suit your own needs you will have a wonderful time

http://www.bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/

4. Re: what part of turkey is for us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 12, 2015