We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a visa to turkey

5 posts
Save Topic
Do I need a visa to turkey

Can anyone tell me if I go to turkey for a holiday can I still get a £10.00 visa at the point of entry to turkey or do I need to get the new evisa which costs about£28.00 which came into force in April

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

e-Visa - Republic of Turkey Electronic Visa Application System

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/‎

I am assumming you are from the UK..and are a UK passport holder ??? either purchase online for 20 US dollars or upon entry at the visa desk in the airport for 10 GBP's.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

Hi, yes I have a uk passport and live in the uk I have been on the evisa website and its not very clear

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

You can stil get your visa at the airport at the moment.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

Thank you

Blackpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

Hi, can someone please confirm that this is still the case? I'm really worried as I don't have a visa and we travel on 6th to Turkey. The turkish embassy website suggests that the 'evisa' now 'replaces' the sticker!! When I click on the link to apply for one it doesn't load and I've been trying for the last hour. Help!! Can I still get one at the airport? (normal UK passport holder).

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

Bugaboo1981..you can get your visa at the visa desk upon arrival at the airport..once you have your visa stamp proceed to immigration

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
757 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

I have just had a look at the e - visa site and it looked reasonably straightforward although I did not complete the application form as we are not going until October.

I don't know what you are supposed to do if you don't have a computer!

I expect the travel agents will have to do it for you.

Visas are just another way of getting your money for nothing!

5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

I have called the Turkish embasy and did not get a clear answer about the evisa it looks like no one has a answer can anyone HELP!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

17172..what is not clear ??? I do believe the posts above have answered your questions

either you wait until you arrive to get your visa or you can get one online before you travel..simple and easy peasy

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do I need a visa to turkey

Troll?