We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

We are staying for 3 nights in Selcuk and have one night spare before arriving in Fethiye - is there any suggestions for this night's accommodation - and also does anyone know if there is a ferry from Bodrum to Fethiye?? thank you

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

Hello Sue,

You could stay in Dalyan on the delta river, İ would even suggest to make Selcuk 2 nights and 2 nights there so you can enjoy the wonderful scenery of this place. Dalyan lies on one a delta river, the other side has the famous Lycian rock tombs. The river connects the Köyçeğiz lake with the turtle beach. Boats take you there, it is really lovely. You do not mention if you are spending time in Fethiye, if not İ would for sure spend that 1 night in or near Fethiye.

And there is no ferry between Bodrum and Fethiye.

Hope this helps!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

Hi Sue two places come to my mind. the first being Lake Bafa which is on the drive between Selcuk and Fethiye or the second option would be Pamukkale but that is a different driving route

are you driving or going by bus ?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

Sue, welcome to Turkey.

I would take the following route between Selcuk and Fethiye, "http://goo.gl/maps/wWObd", and stay overnight at the wonderful non-touristy coastal town of Akyaka on the way to Fethiye. The whole route is 283 km's and is about 4 hours of driving. You will enjoy Akyaka very much. Here are the Akyaka Hotels. "tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g951492-Akyaka_Mugla_…".

For your stay at Selcuk, here is my recent trip report: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…".

Enjoy your holidays,

enigma...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

thank you for your time this is very useful

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

thank you, I have been researching and Akyaka came to mind, not sure how I get from Selcuk to Akyaka?

6. Re: 1 night stay between Selcuk and Fethiye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 30, 2014