We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Here are some idea's for good beaches away from the usual tourist haunts.

todayszaman.com/tz-web/news-219040-turkish-b…

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Some lovely sounding beaches there, Sari..........though for the moment, I'll be sticking with Olu Deniz.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

I get an error when I click???

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Try this, VR.

I can't conceive of the river side of Istuzu or the lagoon at Oludeniz as chill-out beaches, though!

todayszaman.com/tz-web/news-219040-turkish-b…

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

I have to disagree, Dudisimo.............I find Olu Deniz very chilled out, a fact which amazed me the first time I visited, as I wasn't expecting it. It is also in an absolutely stunning setting.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Yes Dude, later it worked for me.

Well, what is chill.... for me an evening to Ölüdeniz and having a banana smoothy with some nice lounge music is an absolute chill. Frying on a beach is not....

We had this discussion a while ago here after the Guardian published the top 10 best beaches.

Butterfly Valley is one of them, and Kabak, not a real chill for me as there is a fierce climb before and after your visit. I recently talked to someone coming from Butterfly Valley and she said if you swim in the sea you come out with thick oil on your body from the all boats.

I do agree that Patara, Dalyan and Olympos are lovely beaches, but I do absolutely love the small coves a whole lot as well!

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

I've just come back from Patara - with an 18km sandy beach you can't go wrong! I wrote about it on my blog, if you want more info and ideas for things to do.

getoffthebeatenpath.com/2010/…

Anna

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,278 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

When I was at Oludeniz lagoon some years ago it was that crowded that we haven´t been able to swim in the sea without jumping and climbing over all the other people. I didn´t like it so much. But we have been told that it is more chilly at the end or beginning of the season.

My favourite beach is still Patara, followed by Dalyan. Olympos is nice as well but I prefer sandy beaches.

I know Sarimsakli from 1995, an absolutely unspoilt beach area but I fear that it has become much more vivid and posh now.

And I like those small beaches like Gemiler Beach too.

Tschüss

patara01

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

I make no apologies for posting this link again.

Anybody looking for great beaches in Turkey and a quiet base for a holiday with plenty of places nearby to visit should take a look

The pages are a bit slow to load, but they are worth waiting for

www.turkeyvirtualtour.com/antalya/patara/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

Thanks Adana

They are worth waiting for:))

FT

10. Re: Want a quiet beach to chill out on ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 13, 2011