We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa from uk

Which Tashkent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Topic
visa from uk

hi,

could someone please inform me does somebody travelling from UK need a letter of invitation or an inviting party to come on holiday as a tourist to Uzbekistan?? or is the process straightforward and are visas issue without any prolem?

thanks for any help or advice

Samarkand...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visa from uk

Hello

If you are citizen of the Great Britain, you don't need letter of invitation from inviting partners in Uzbekistan.

The best way enter www.uzbekembassy.org there you can find any information which you need.

Edited: 2:12 am, March 14, 2011
Samarkand...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa from uk

Hello

If you are citizens of the Great Britain, you don't need letter of invitation from inviting partners in Uzbekistan.

The best way enter www.uzbekembassy.org there you can find any information which you need.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa from uk

Thank You for your help, much appreciated.

I am just a little worried because I plan to fly in 10 days as my holiday is at short notice. I called the embassy in London and they told me to fill out the form and they will get it back to me in 5 days if I apply for 'urgent' visa. However, the man on the phone was not so helpful..

Therefore, I filled the form and sent it to the embassy with payment. There were two boxes on the form that asked 'inviting party' to which I responded 'none' and the other was 'purpose of visit' to which I replied 'tourism and discovery of silk road' which is the reason I'm visiting.

Do you think this is sufficient, or will they request more information from me?

tashkent
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visa from uk

Good day

if you are applying as a tourist you have to get in contact with the travel agency in Uzbekistan. inbound manager send you package at your choice and visa support service is included in your tour. You should get a visa at the Uzbek Embassy in London in accordance with the travel agency inquiry via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Uzbekistan.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa from uk

Hi,

British citizens are not required to get visa support from a tour agency according to the embassy website. I plan on organising my own travel and touring when I arrive in Uzbekistan, using trains etc. I usually travel independently wherever I go and sometimes join a tour after I arrive.

I was just wondering if I was likely to encounter any difficulties as I have no experience with the Uzbekistan embassy previously. They did say they will get back to me in 5 days, but I just want to be prepared incase they ask for anything additional to ensure that my visa is granted before the date I'm due to fly,

Thanxx

tashkent
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visa from uk

Hi,

in case you are going to proceed the doxs via the Embassy of Uzbekistan in London independently, you should provide confirmation of hotel accommodation, passport, letter of employment, photos, and pay only consular fee, depending of your visit duration.

You are quite brave organizing trips on your own, well done :)

Good luck!

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: visa from uk

Hey,

Thanks! You are very helpful.

I did send everything you mention to the embassy, except a 'letter of confirmation of my employment'. The form did not ask for this, but it did ask for address of place employed, and I put down the name of the surgery where I work as a doctor. I hope this will be enough for them...

tashkent
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: visa from uk

Good day,

I also think shouldn't be any problem at the Embassy and wish you a pleasant time in Uzbekistan.

liverpool
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: visa from uk

Hope so......thanks again for your advice!

10. Re: visa from uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 22, 2012