We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

Which Tashkent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

Hello every one

I am plannign to come back to france by bike from India. My first step is to reach tashkent, then going to caspienne sea.

I will not have ny Kazakhstan visa with me, Is it long to get it done from tashkent ?

Is it possible to do it at the border ?

By the way, if people are living in Tashkent, would be glad to meet you. I am reaching your city the 1st of september, for a few days (the time my bike is getting cleared and my visa done)

See u soon

Gerard

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

Hello.

Sorry, but i can't give you any information about visa.

Of course we glad see foreigners in our city. I think that you were in Tashkent some weeks ago. My friend told me that he met 2 people (1 man, 1 woman) in our city. They were on bike, and they had had problems with bike. He showed them where they could repair their bikes. Also they were Frenchmen. Is one of them were you?

Pune, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

No it was not me, I am in india fotr the moment and flying on 31.08.

But good to know there are some mecanic shop ;)!

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

Hello.

My friend has told me that he had led them to the shop “DINAMO”. It’s located in “Navai” street. It’s well-known shop in Tashkent.

How many days are you going to stay in Tashkent?

Pune, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

a few days for sure, the time i clear the bike from custom, I process mt kazakh visa and visit a little the city !

if u want my email, its gbellet At gmail dat com

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

hello

Have you already chosen the hotel?

And do you think that it’s safe to travel by your trip?

Pune, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

Actually, you will tell me.

I have not seen really bad information about Uzbekistan and travel inside.

For sure there is some way to travel, like by day only, and on the major road. Maybe I will have some problems with police but after 2 years of india, I hope I know how to manage them.

But if there is unsafe place to not go, I will be please to read your advice

No hotel choosen yet, I need to find out

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

hello

In Uzbekistan rate of crime isn’t high, especially in Tashkent. Of course we have some blocks of the city which can be unsafe during the night. But nothing will be happened with you during the day in any part of the city. I’m sure that you won’t have some problems in our country, but I think that it isn’t safe in the other country you’re going to visit.

About police. You won’t face with some problems if you do everything officially. I mean you documents.

I see that you Frenchmen like adventures. This summer I’ve heard about 2 guys on bikes. 2 years ago our neighbor who was from France was visited by 2 guys, but they come from France to Uzbekistan in micro bus.

This is my mail: uz-tash@mail.ru Write your mails here.

8. Re: Visa to Kazakhstan from Tashkent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 06, 2009