We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan? Does it rain often in places like samarkand,bukhara? Even if it rains, is the weather grey and cloudy for most parts of the day, because I dont fancy seeing Uzbekistan in rainy weather.

And do you get enough fresh fruits and vegetables in this season, because we(me and my family) are vegetarians,and so we would be relying on fruits and veggies to sustain ourselves.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

anyone there?

Moss Vale, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Hi ashwinbahulkar,

My husband and I were iin Uzbekistan from 5/4/2013 until 19/4/2013 and we had lovely, dry weather every day except one and that was the travelling day between Bukhara and Khiva when it poured with rain while we were crossing the Kyzylkum Desert.

There was also residual snow on the mountain pass between Tashkent and the Fergana Valley on 17-18/4/2013, so it was cold but dry on those days.

Weather is pretty hard to predict and further the weather would depend on where you are as the country is diverse.

Uzbekistan is a wonderful travel destination. We loved it

Moss Vale, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Further, as for the fruit and vegetables available, there are lots of salads available which we ordered as part of the main meal in a restaurant, or you could order them separately, which we did when we had had enough plov!

. At roadside stalls we saw pomegranates, apples, bananas and lots of beautiful dried fruit and nuts. I assume that there would be lots of choice in the covered markets as well.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Thanks a lot!! Looks like early april is a good idea,I did check the weather stats for march,and rain seems very frequent, but for April,is altogether a different picture. And thanks for the tips on food,

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

Dear Ashwin

April is probably the best overall month. Uzbeks themselves cheer up a bit because things get warmer. Late March can certainly get wet, but nothing compared to the UK, where I'm based.

All the best

Tom

6. Re: Is march-early early april a good time to visit Uzbekistan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014