We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
train travel

This mode of transport is recommended in the LP guide. So am looking at taking the overnight train from Urgench to Bukhara, instead of a long haul during the day. Has anyone used this service? Recommendations?

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train travel

I think it's best decision if u:

planning ur trip in summer - it's difficult to travel by bus because of hot weather;

travel with 1 or 2 of ur friend - u can save ur money

u want to know more about uzbek people

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train travel

Hi there i cant say anything about that particular route but I did take the overnight train from Bukhara to Tashkent and it was excellent. I took the cheapest sleeper ticket but you can also get a 4 or two room apartment if you want to spend a bit extra. You can even buy your train ticket in Tashkent if that is where you will be first. The ticket office is proficient, they speak good english and best of all train travel in Uzbekistan is really cheap. I bought all my ticket in Tashkent and none of travel was from Tashkent. I can certainly concur with LP that train travel in Uz is the way to go. There are also shared taxis between the towns but i only did short trips using these.

good luck

angie

www.angietravels.com

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train travel

Thanx for all responses.

4. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 14, 2014