We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary- Uzb & Kyrg

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary- Uzb & Kyrg

We are confused between 2 options and seek your suggestion. We are a couple and travelling to Uz and Kryg in the end of March 2013.

Option 1 - 2 days Bukhara, 1 days Samarkand, 1 day tashkent (day trip to Chimgan) and 3 days Kyrgyzstan

Option 2 - 1.5 days Bukhara, 1.5 days Samarkand and 4 days Kyrgyzstan.

So main difference is - In option 1 we are doing Chimgan, but just touching Cholpol-Ata and Grigorevka Gorge. Option 2: No Chimgan, but full round of Issyk-kul, Karakol, Jety-Oguz.

Which one do u recommend?

Registan
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Shah-i-Zinda
Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues
Gur Emir Mausoleum
Architectural Buildings, Cemeteries
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary- Uzb & Kyrg

I can't comment on Chimgan as I haven't been there. Tashkent has little to see as the city is quite modern, mostly rebuilt after the 1966 earthquake.

If you go all the way around Issyk Kul you can spend one night near Cholpon Ata (lots of hotels along the lake) and a second night at Karakol, Green Yard Guesthouse was very nice with a private bath. Old wooden church and a small but somewhat different mosque to see in town. After Karakol you pass through a few small villages and lots of farmland. Along the way you you can stop at scenic Jeti Oguz (google that) and the Fairytale Canyon, a few photos here if you scroll down, it's actually a little better than these photos. issykkul.kg/en/…

We had a much longer tour but you can see our actual itinerary here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293967-i9281-k587…

I guess I leaning toward your option #2 but maybe your interests are different than mine. Hopefully someone else will offer comments.

2. Re: Help with itinerary- Uzb & Kyrg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2014