We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

St John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

From my online and guide book reading it appears that getting from Dushanbe to Khojand is not too difficult - is it still okay, now?

Is it possible to get from Khojand to Tashkent overland, easily? Do the border people recognize a multi-entry visa? I have read that on some borders entry can be denied, notwithstanding a legitimate (multi-entry) visa.

A travel agent (in Melbourne) could not find any mention of flights from Dushanbe to Tashkent. I would rather go overland anyway. If anyone can offer any advice on this proposed trip I would be much obliged, thanks.

1. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:33 pm, March 23, 2013
Moscow
Level Contributor
856 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

There are no flights between Dushanbe/ Khujand and Tashkent (or between any points between Tajikistan and Uzbekistan). Road travel is the only option. There is unlikely to be a problem at the border provided your visa is valid.

St John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

Thanks for the up to date advice. I got through easily, and of course, overland. Yes, it was all straightforward.. And more than a year ago, but, perhaps someone else reading this now, will benefit from the current news. Thanks again.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

I concur - I did it last year and providing you have an updated visa there is no problem. You will however get pounced on by the taxi drivers once you get out so be prepared and it helps a lot if you know your russian number so you can negotiate. I was pinned against a wall - still its all good fun,

cheers angie

www.angietravels.com

Moscow
Level Contributor
856 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

If you enjoy photography the run from the border to Tashkent is very scenic and quite spectacular in the soft light of the late afternoon. Miles and miles of rustic farmland, canals, mulberry trees and the local people going about their daily business.

6. Re: Dushanbe to Tashkent overland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, April 03, 2016