We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Has anyone flown from Heathrow to Colombo recently any good/bad reports ?

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Yes I always fly with Sri lankan from LHR to CMB and couldn't recall anything that bad to mention here! I flew in May last. Flying time is approx 11.5-12 hrs..but will depend on the wind direction.

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Thank you

St Albans
Level Contributor
352 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

I flew a few weeks ago (a night flight). Service was good, the flight was on time. Coming back (a day flight) we actually landed early. We've never had any problems with SriLankan.

somerset uk
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Have flown Sri Lankan many times - the only problem is that the entertainment system doesn't usually work. Plus they are now too expensive so am trying Emirates this time - but not direct which is the great advantage of Sri Lankan.

Richard

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Richard...

A new alternative next year, BA is resuming flights from Gatwick to Colombo in March.., either direct, or an add on to thier existing Maldives flights..

May have an impact on prices ?

But to add to original question, personally i have not had any major problems with SriLankan, after 48 flights with them over the last few years....

Regards

Dave

Edited: 4:28 pm, August 14, 2012
Antarctica
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

I flew on this route 2 months ago and it was so crowded. I guess it was nearing 100% occupancy. There was a massive queue to board the plane from heathrow and it took ages to get in. The entertainment system is pretty dismal at best. I think the planes they use for this route are relatively old too.

Anyway the good thing was the food. The service was acceptable.

bigbum0204
Level Contributor
104 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

We traveled with them . Entertainment system didn't work. Staff very moody and couldn't be bothered with people on board. I asked for a coke and got a dirty look and said she hadn't any. No smile or sorry not even an alternative . we told the purser about the abysmal service He just said sorry.

uk
Level Contributor
161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

we travelled a leg of our journey to abu dhabi with them and didnt like .... i compared it to easy jet!

we have flown etihad which was very good and trying Qatar this time via doha

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

We came back from Sri Lanka last Sunday and flew direct with Sri Lanka Airlines from Heathrow to Colombo return. The outbound flight to colombo was a day flight and was much better than the return flight. I have never seen such disgusting toilets as on the return flight, and the flight was nowhere near full.

Our in flight movies all worked no problem both ways, some of the staff were great, others tutted if you wanted to drink something other than the fresh juice they were offering you. The food was good on the way out, we didn't want the food on the return flight as we left Colombo at 2.00 am. Both flights left exactly on time.

You will be fine with them, just keep your legs crossed so you don't need the toilets !

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Srilankan Airlines Heathrow to Colombo

Thank you everyone , I feel a bit more relaxed now --- I think !