We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

India
1 post
Save Topic
What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

I recently stayed at Mt;Lavinia hotel and wondering if the hotel and its staff are safe. If anyone has any info on how this hotel was affected by the Tsunami, please let me know.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
3,019 Reviews
Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka
Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

I am a lover of the Mt. Laviniva hotel, I am very worried about the staff also, they have been very nice in ouir visits to Sri lanka and I am turning crazy since can not find any information about the hotel after tsunami, please if you know something about them keep me in mind.

Thanks a lot.

Diana

Mexico

lisuvegetariano_didi@yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

Hi, To those concerned about the Mount Lavinia Hotel, from the information I received from my relatives in Sri lanka the hotel has not been affected. It is open for business.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
3,019 Reviews
Han
England
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

Hi, As far as I can see from the web I agree with Brian - the Mount Lavinia Hotel seems untouched.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
3,019 Reviews
NYC
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

Brian,

Is there anyway that I can check and see if a man named Manjula who works for the Mt. Lavinia Hotel is okay. I e-mailed the hotel asking if I could send aid but I have not heard back from them. We made great friends with Manjula when we were there and I would love to help him and his family as much as I can. Please let me know if your family in Sri Lanka have any ties with the hotel. Thank you!

Erica

Mentioned in this post
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
3,019 Reviews
australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to Mt.Lavinia hotel after the Tsunami ?

Erica,

Try the colombolions.com site, it gives you a list of all the hotels in SL, including Mount Lavinia hotel, there is a statement issued by the Mt Lavinia hotel on its link. Hope this helps.

Brian.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
3,019 Reviews