We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

Delhi
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

Hi,

I am a CFA candidate from India, scheduled to take exam in SL.

I have a couple of queries regarding the Visa and stay option.

1. The exam would be held on Sep 7 (Sunday) @ PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha.

a> How far is this place from the airport.

b> I propose to stay only on 6th Night in SL. Any decent 3/4 star city hotels near this place. And, the distance from hotel to the airport and PIM.

c> epltThe radio cabs seem too exorbitant to me. Any cheaper, safer mode of transport available.

2. Heard that Visa-on-arrival is the norm for Indians. I would be there for 2 days, 6th and 7th Dec. Would this be covered under the Visa-on-arrival where the purpose is not tourism but taking CFA exam.

Please reply to the above ASAP, as I need to get the bookings done in time. Any help, much appreciated!

Thanks,

Saurabh

Feel Lanka Tours
Cultural Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sazy Lanka Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Clo Lanka Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Sri Lankan Holiday
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,795 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

Hi Saurabh,

a) It's south-central Colombo, and that is 30 km from airport.

b) Did not check the exact place. Generally central hotels with good price/quality ratio are Holiday Inn and Galle Face Hotel (old wing). Both are about 3 km from the PIM area.

c) All cabs same price. There is an airport express bus departing from the terminal (well first you have the free red shuttle bus to nearby bus station), costing a lot less but taking a lot more time...

2) Yes simply state that you come as a tourist, you get 30 days visa.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya] - now in sunny/rainy Colombo

Mentioned in this post
Galle Face Hotel Colombo
Galle Face Hotel Colombo
3,371 Reviews
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Delhi
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

Hi,

Lots of people from India are going to Colombo for the exam and therefore could this be the case that everyone as a tourist would not be allowed!?

Outside chance!?

~SM

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

Hi

If your are in doubt you can apply for visa (INR 150) from Sri Lankan High Commission in Delhi.

http://www.newdelhi.mission.gov.lk/

Hans

4. Re: Urgent : CFA Exam - PIM Auditorium, Lesley Rangala Mawatha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 11, 2009