We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cricket

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
cricket

when is the cricket on in sri lanka

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cricket

looks like i have caused a bit of trouble and consern only wanted to know if it was on when we are there

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: cricket

I've been told that there is nothing to worry about regarding Galle and it will be ready to stage the Third Test.

U.K
Level Contributor
147 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: cricket

Hi

I will see what I can find out next week and then try and post on the barmy army website. Hopefully it is just a small issue, but I can imagine them changing the venue to colombo. Not good for the hotels in Galle who would loose all the bookings.

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: cricket

I've had the following replies (today) from a very good contact involved with cricket and travel in SL (when I asked about rumors about Galle stadium, etc):

"...Regarding the rumours about Galle, you can ignore these. The stories are baseless and the test will go ahead..."

"...We are speaking frequently with SLC. The roofs are on the new buildings. Windows are going in. Pitch is fine..."

Hopefully this will be true and with any luck the rumours will go away. It could just be that SL journalists are as reliable/scaremongering as our own little beauties ... Never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

U.K
Level Contributor
147 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: cricket

HI

Just returned from Galle and glad to report that work is progressing on the new stadium. The pitch is looking good and has been having plenty of watering from night time showers, no rain in the day. However construction is still on going on both the main pavilion and the other new stand which at the moment is just a concrete shell. Locals assure me that it will be finished in time. Hopefully they will clear away the workers sheds around one side of the ground which at the moment look like a bad colloection of allotment sheds. All who go out should have a fantastic time. We were looking to see the England team arriving at the airport as we were leaving

TrentEndRed

16. Re: cricket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 13, 2009