We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do get from Kandy to Galle?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How do get from Kandy to Galle?

I would like to travel from Kandy to Galle. Is there any direct train for me to do so? If not, any idea how I can do it? Thank you!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,546 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

Hi there,

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c195051/Sri-L…

There is 1 direct train but it leaves Kandy before 6 AM hence for an early riser. Many other connections but they need transfer in Colombo Fort or preferably Maradana. And if train times are incovenient for you bus works too but takes as long (2 x 3 makes 6 hours).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

Thank you Erik! May I know which train provider is that? Do u have the website? Thank you.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,546 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

It's all in the link given above and Seat61 to which it refers. Use the Seat61 website for the timetables, but the Top Question tells the train numbers which combined together make up the one through train Kandy-Galle...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

Be aware that the 1st digit in the train number changes at Colombo Fort.

Hans

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

Thank u

6. Re: How do get from Kandy to Galle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 30, 2014