We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Wearing

Is it free to wear anything in Sri Lanka for girls? Or there are some prohibitions?

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wearing

I also think its the attitude you carry. If you're matter of fact about it and command respect, you receive it. We were caught off guard and had to visit the police station to report an accident (not that we habitually frequent govt offices under dressed!). I would also like to add, even if you are in a burqa, if men who comment wil comment and make lewd remarks. But we have never been pointed or laughed at.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wearing

1LifeStand, once again, I repeat, you have been lucky!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wearing

Amazingly lucky.

14. Re: Wearing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014