We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American College (ACHE) in Galle

Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
American College (ACHE) in Galle

Hello ! Anyone knows the American College of Higher education , situated in Galle , Sri Lanka ??

my son is going to stay next year in Galle . He is 16 yo , and he is studing at the third year of a scientific high school . Because of family affair in august he will plane in Galle and will live there for one year . We are looking for a school for him , with scientific subjetcs.

Someone told us about american college , but we are in trouble to obtain information because the school is stopped at the moment .

anyone knows the real state of the art ?

thank you and many wishes form Italy

Marza Elisabetta Ducco

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American College (ACHE) in Galle

Hi,

Why not contact the head office in Colombo to get the right picture;

23, Hospital Road,

Dehiwela,

Sri Lanka,

Hot line: (+94) (11)-5558666

Tel: (+94) (11)-2712216, 2715195

Fax: (+94) (11)-2737126

E-Mail: admissions@americancollege.lk

Contact Person : Patrick - 0773952949

Rgds,

Treshi.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,440 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American College (ACHE) in Galle

And some good background info on all International schools in Lanka, esp. the 2nd half of the thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297896-i9471-k524…

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya] / happy that their 2 Lankan fosterkids could complete normal schools there, many of the kids nextdoor are on International schools and often more for the pride of the parents than for the future of the kid...

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
179 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American College (ACHE) in Galle

I don't think there should be any worry about it.

Anyway lot of my friends has done their studies at ANC.

here is the web too..

http://www.americancollege.lk/

Antarctica
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: American College (ACHE) in Galle

As far as I know, this place in Galle is not a school. This is a place for diploma or certificate level courses. According to people who have studied there on those stuff, the place is crap.

Btw, if you want quality international schools in Sri Lanka, Colombo is the only place. In other places (Eg. Galle), the quality of international schools is very poor. Even in Colombo, it's the facilities which are good, not necessarily the education they receive.

5. Re: American College (ACHE) in Galle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 24, 2014