We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa

Bangalore
1 post
Save Topic
Transit Visa

Need advice.....

I am an Indian citizen departing from BLR to Dubai via Colombo and back. Do I need to go thru the ETA or do I get a transit visa on arrival (both ways) If so what are the fees I need to pay at CMB?? The notification is very confusing....My email id is vatsa59@gmail.com. Thanks in advance...

118 replies to this topic
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Transit Visa

Thanks a lot for your valuable information!

bangalore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Transit Visa

My ETA application has been approved but by mistake I typed one number wrong instead of z I typed 7 ,what shld I do,shld I re apply or explain my mistake to immigration officer

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,748 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Transit Visa

Hi there,

If it's the passport number you are in big trouble. Generally safest is to re-apply, it means you loose USD 15 or 30 for non-SAARC. If it's in a name then no big trouble, often they don't even check that in detail.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

bangalore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Transit Visa

Thanks for yr reply,I am indian citizen so transit visa is free, I reapplied eta , as I will be reaching at midnight so don't want to waste time applying Eta on arrival as mentioned in this forum.only issue is I am flying on 11th and before that my Eta shld be approved

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Transit Visa

hi, you don't want visa, because you transits..only

thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Transit Visa

You will only need an ETA if you intend to leave the airport.

Hans

bangalore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Transit Visa

But I don't want spend night at airport I have booked hotel near to airport as my connecting flight to shanghai is next day afternoon

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Transit Visa

I have two questions regarding the free transit visa:

- Is the free transit visa valid for 2 calendar days or 48 hours? Let's say I arrive on Monday evening, would I have to leave on Tuesday before midnight or until Wednesday evening?

- Can I use the free transit visa twice, on the way to my final destination and on the way back? Let's say I am flying from Europe to Bangkok transiting through Colombo. Can I get a free transit visa on my way to Bangkok and on my way back to Europe one week later?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,748 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Transit Visa

Hi there,

1] For exactly 48 hours

2] Well you can get as many of these free transit visas per year as you have transits. So you'd have two separate ones, and if you want Internet ETA to speed up the arrival process you'd have to apply for the 2nd visa while in Bangkok as one passport number can have only one ETA at a time.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Transit Visa

The official website says: 'Transit visa with Single Entry for 2 days'.

www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/fees.jsp

Hans

Reply to: Transit Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted