We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go

Rju
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Best time to go

Hi I have been reading and seeing a lot of contradicting information do very confused. I am looking at going to Sri Lanka on a multi day tour and then to the maldives. Is April or December better weather (less rainy)? Thanks!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go

Hello

End of December can be good. April is unsettled. But.... If I had to choose 1 I'd chance my arm with April becuase you will save a load of money on hotels on the coast as April is the foreign tourist low season.

You should be aware that mid April is sri lanka new year. A massive holiday when everyone tries to squeeze into the hill country so trains and accommodation in the hill country will be booked out well in advance.

Have fun

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
28 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go

Its depend on Which parts you going on sri lanka. Down south and capital will be fine on April and December. But sri lanka is tropical climate. sometimes raining too.

Rju
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go

Thank you both! I'm looking at maybe the south. But do you recommend one area over another?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
384 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go

Another big big vote for December...

5. Re: Best time to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 25, 2018