We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Bucharest, Romania
3 posts
Save Topic
European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Salam aleikum to all who will read this post and wish health and hapiness in your homes. Am a romanian girl decideid to travel by herself in Pakistan and "taste" the city Islamabad and Lahore. I have some experience in traveling alone but in european countrys. I know it will be different thats why i try get information before doing something stupid there. Last thing is to irritate or be less respectful even non intention to any pakistani - womans or mans. Am coming this October after 20 around 10 days. I haved already book my flight tiket and hotel. Am just courious...what can i do/visit etccc during this days here to Islamabad and Lahore. Apreciate your time and answers. Be safe and keep faith.

Allah Hafiz.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

I will suggest you to go with a friend from a local areas if you know anyone but still you don't need to be worried both cities are well secure and there is nothing to highlight the precautions. Most of solo female travelers visiting Pakistan and i have been suggesting, one is to wear local dresses and other is to avoid gathering with strangers or to be out from hotel room after evening.

Islamabad is quite small city and you can visit faisal mosque, pakistan monument, shakarparian hills, margala hills, rawal lake, super/jinah super market.

Lahore is quite busy city and cultural city of Pakistan, you can visit lahore fort, badshahi mosque, old city walk, pakistan tower, jahangir's tomb, walk on mall road, shalimar garden, lahore museum, lahore zoo and waga border for ceremony.

Feel free to ask me if you need any more help, i am based in Islamabad!

Have a nice journey!

HT

Edited: 9:02 am, September 12, 2013
Bucharest, Romania
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Yap...i will respect exactly ....thank you for all notes. Am positive sure will be fine. Anyway at end i will write a feedback...make easy for others in future.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Hi,

First of all, Islamabad and Lahore are great cities and you would definitely enjoy your visit. The two cities are absolutely different from each other. Islamabad is a very small city and you visit the usual tourist areas like the ones mentioned by HT. There are few good places to eat in Islamabad as well from local to international cuisine. You should definitely visit Luna Caprice which is a great little italian place and is frequently visited by tourist. You can stay in a good hotel in Islamabad and use that as a base camp to roam around.

Lahore is a different ball game. It is a big metropoliton and I consider it the food capital of Pakistan as there are hundreds of small, medium and large food places in the city. The city eats 24 - 7 and there are several places that open till late night and even some till early morning. There are a lot of places to visit in Lahore like the Badshahi Mosque, Wazir Khan Mosque etc and a lot of shopping can be done as well. The best way for you to travel would be get a rented cab for a day and it should cost you somewhere between 20 $ to 30 $. You can get some brochures from the airport if you are flying into Lahore.

HT has given some advice i.e. to dress locally and to avoid late night stays outside the hotel late night. The rest is all well. I really hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Bucharest, Romania
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Thank you...i wear dupatta and shalwar camesh...i must be unrwcignised as foreign for sure....am gipsy style hahaaa sooo will nit be much difference. Thanx for allll

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

Not a big difference if you are an itinerant, most of the people who visiting on the same style. That's good if you are aware of traditional dresses.

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

There re number of foreign solo female travelers visit Pakistan on their own,use your common sense,you don't need to be worried & be with a local person at all.Pakistani dress code like Shalwar-Kamiz & Dupatta is must so that you 'd not attract unwanted attention in the streets.

Avoid taking drinks or fruits offered by strange passengers or people when you re traveling by bus or train.

There re lot to see in Lahore like Badshai Mosque,Anakali Bazaar,Jahangir's Tom,Flag down ceremony at Wagha (Pak-India border) & Shalimar Garden.

Enjoy your trip.

Islamabad, Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

please enjoy all the places all over Pakistan. its your right. don't afraid. May Allah Bless you. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/rajaanwaar

Chicago, il
Level Contributor
1 post
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

hope you have a great time in Pk, I'm also visiting in late October !

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

So how was the experience of a solo Romanian girl?

Islamabad
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: European girl visit Islamabad - am i wrong?

HI,

If you follow the dress code as stated above along with good places for your stay and keep yourself away from troubled parts, Pakistan is a safe destination.

Ciao,