We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from london to lahore

Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Topic
Road trip from london to lahore

Hi guys i am a Canadian i wanna travel from London to Lahore by road in march 2013. i need travel advice and if any body wanna join please let me know. i will be travelling in Honda crv

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

Sorry Hassan for not answering you, was on vocation, glad to know that you from Canada. My plan is to travel to Canada is in January and my itinerary is for 1 month, visiting, toronto, vancouver, calgary, Saskatchuwan. Understood it must be cold during my time of visit.

Regarding your query, you can do it but few things i am sure you will have to have before starting rally. First is carnate de passage, which is permit for vehicle crossing internatiional borders. Second is; fine if you are exiting lahore, if you wanna go for china than Khunjerab border will remain close till end of April and on 1st May the border will open. But still you can have drive towards the fabulous mountains of north Pakistan.

I can be able to join you with in country and till that time i will be returned from Canada.

Let me know if you need any more information,

HT

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

wow what an amazing idea! I would love to do something like that.

It should all be fine, although the bits across Iran might be complciated in terms of getting the car into and out of Iran. I suggest you avoid Iraq if you can

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

good idea for Iraq, but for Iran there is no problem at all this year many solo riders done this tour successfully. I met several individual female travelers around quetta and at Taftan, i got some positive response.

HT

islamabad
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

Also drop a line in to Thorn Tree Forum and Travelbuddy.come where you may come a cross like minded travelers with similar plans.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

don't mind, i found it nothing compare to TA and there are some holding multiple screen names+ personal examine that inexperience users trying to be expert.

Thanks for TA management, which often screening such messages.

HT

Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

thanks guys for giving me good suggestions,if any one wants to join me from London on my way through Europe all the way to turkey Iran he or she is welcomed on board.i will start my journey from London in mid of march on car.any advice and suggestions are requested.

Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

thanks mark for your advice.kindly remain in contact with me .hassan

birmingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

Hi i just posted a thread "uk to pakistan by road" please get in touch as i may join you on this trip,

regards

Hafeez

Edited: 7:14 am, December 19, 2012
Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

hi that would be great.where you are located? any contact number ?

birmingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Road trip from london to lahore

hassan call call on 07766710786 asap and im in Birmingham Uk

hafeez

Edited: 7:55 am, December 24, 2012