We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running for exercise

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Running for exercise

Hi

Clearly I'm not asking this question for myself lol, but a colleague, who is looking for recommendations for islands which have paths suitable for early morning runs. He and his wife are training for a marathon or something. Nope, not going to ask him about budget, as he is a colleague. Other than that they want to chill and eat nice food. I'm not surprised after all that exercise!

Thought of Kuramathi, any others?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running for exercise

Kanifushi! very long island path's and could continue along the beach for extra distance, very good food too!.

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running for exercise

Wouldn't they be better off just running on a treadmill in an air conditioned gym? That opens up far more resorts as options and also means that they get to avoid running in 30 degree temperatures.

Do they realise that it is hot all the time in the Maldives unlike other holiday destinations which are hot during the day but much cooler in the mornings and evenings?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running for exercise

Thank you for your replies and will feed those back!

In case they're undeterred, any other islands with long paths?

Thanks in advance 😀

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running for exercise

I think Hideaway Beach Resort has long paths given the size of the island and from the photos I have seen. I also saw a couple running around the paths at Kihavah a few times and the island loop would give you a fairly good circuit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Running for exercise

I've seen quite a few early morning and evening joggers at Reethi Beach, they have distance markers on the interior path for that purpose - you would have to run round an awful lot of times to cover any real distance though!

Paula from Magic of Maldives

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,548 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running for exercise

Kuredu had some long paths and despite general opinion it's not a bad island to go especially if you need long like paths.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,548 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Running for exercise

Ps...

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that someone is going to run in the Maldives🤔 I can hardly be bothered to walk lol

Is it legal to run ? 😁

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Running for exercise

There was a runner at thud , he ran along the boardwalk at the water villas and at sunrise and sunset when it was marginally cooler. So I don't think a long path on an island is strictly necessary but long boardwalks linking water villas works I think. They are usually empty with a lot of space, where as island paths are quite narrow and don't provide an even footing, there could be a issue with folks on the path as they try to run round them.

I'd probably go for the long board walk islands like ath or thud where they have both space and a flat even surface.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Running for exercise

Thanks, everyone!

Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Running for exercise

Madness utter madness. They should hook up with Jiri and do some canoeing to nearby islands too :)