We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is more expensive maldives, mauritius or thailand and

Bratislava
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which is more expensive maldives, mauritius or thailand and

Hello,

I just have a couple quick questions. My husband and I want to stay in a 5 star resort in either Mauritius, Maldives or Thailand and go half board. I am thinking the Maldives will probably be the most expensive - am I right?

Also, we are expats living in Bratislava and want to leave from the Vienna airport. We are having trouble finding a travel agencies here where the travel agents can speak English. Any suggestions where I might compare packages leaving from the Vienna airport? ( I hope this isn't a stupid question). We contacted 1 travel agency in Vienna but they weren't much help.

Thanks so much!!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is more expensive maldives, mauritius or thailand and

Well, Thailand is definitely the least expensive of the two regarding eating out, shopping, etc but I don't know how Maritius compares to the Maldives. Also, it depends where in Thailand you want to go as there are true 5* resorts there that will be similiar in cost to the Maldives. The main differences are that in Thailand you can leave the resort & eat elsewhere relatively cheaply & also shopping is much more varied & cheaper..............If you just intend to stay in the resort & chill then the Maldives is my preference............

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is more expensive maldives, mauritius or thailand and

We have been to all three and in our experience you are correct. The Maldives will be the most expensive. The cost of the half board package will be only a little more expensive than Mauritius for a similar standard hotel - for example St Geran (Mauritius) versus any of the One and Only hotels in the Maldives. However the cost of drinks and lunches in the Maldives are higher.

Thailand will be quite a bit cheaper unless you stay in an all suite hotel such as Banyan Tree Phuket. However in Thailand it is unlikely that you would get half board - most hotels are on room only or B & B. Don't let this put you off, however, because for two of you your food and drinks bill would be around £800 for two weeks - so approx half of the price of the equivalent cost of food and drink in Mauritius and the Maldives.

Hope that helps.

3. Re: which is more expensive maldives, mauritius or thailand and

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, August 25, 2009