We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Male and Airport Hotel Questions

Hereford
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Male and Airport Hotel Questions

Hi everyone

I'm off to Angaga in early Feb but I'm considering using the facilities at the airport hotel or visiting Male on the way home as our flight doesn't depart until about 10.00 at night. This could mean spending quite a while at the airport depending on what time the seaplane leaves.

As a day room doesn't come cheap (about £90) I don't want to book it in advance until I know the details. Can anyone answer the following questions:

Is it feasible to book a day room at the hotel at say 24/48 hours notice once I get my transfer details (not sure how busy/big the hotel is) and will the resort be able to help arrange it

Can you just use the bar/restaurant/pool facilities at the hotel (assuming of course you eat and drink there) and is easy to get transfer to it from the airport.

Is it fairly easy to hop over to Male and back from the airport (even if its only for an hour or two)

I'll be trying to extend my stay on Angaga on the last day as long as possible but I'd like to keep my options open for something to do for few hours while waiting for the flight.

Cheers

Madley Blue

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Male and Airport Hotel Questions

You can use the hotel facilities without booking a day room. (we did it last March)

They will store your bags and then you go and sit around the pool and bar, were the bar meals are excellent. You can swim till 10pm!!

The changing rooms by the pool are excellent where you can also shower and change, hence saving you £90.

The transfer to and from the airport is free, literally 2 minutes away, and the boats across to Male run frequently.

The Hulhule Hotel is a good 4* hotel which is a nice finish to the holiday.

Don't forget to use the business lounge at the airport, all you do is pay on the door.

Have a great trip¬!

Hereford
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Male and Airport Hotel Questions

Thanks Rousey

Excellent information - should be able to have nice relaxing wait for the flight once they've managed to prise me off the island!

Counting the days till Feb 2nd

Cheers

Madley Blue

3. Re: Male and Airport Hotel Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 22, 2009