We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choosing a hotel

Jakarta
2 posts
Save Topic
Help choosing a hotel

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to maldives for our honeymoon in Jan 2007. I've never been there and have no clue what so ever about hotels there. Can anyone help me choose a hotel. My budget is around US500-US700 per night. I heard that Baros Maldives is good. Is that a perfect hotel for our budget or I can get better hotel? Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
2,381 Reviews
Baros Island
AYADA Maldives
AYADA Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Maguhdhuvaa
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
#1 of 17 hotels in Baa Atoll
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Baros Island
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choosing a hotel

the islands are as individual as the person choosing them . i don't consider baros perfect for me by a long shot, others very well might.

we aren't talking about a city hotel where you can compare fixed denominators but everyone's personal preference counts. some people want a pool , some people despise a tiled puddle of chlorined tapwater when there is a beautiful , clear ocean ten feet away . some people want a large islands, others wouldn't be caught dead on one with more than 50 rooms .. a fanatical diver will want to be staying in the ari atoll .. you get the idea.

your budget will buy you a nice , middleclass type hotel... so far so good ..

now the biggie : january of 2007 is next month . most resorts have been booked completely full for the desired dec - march season since about july or sooner . a lot of people book a year ahead or more in order to obtain their desired room category in their desired traveltime on the island of their choice.

in other words .. if you have any chance at all to slide in on someone's cancellation, you have to immediately see a travelagent who knows his business and is very patient and ask him to sort out whatever booking he can obtain for your traveltime. have him make a temporary reservation (which they can typically hold for 24 hours) on all of the possibilities .. then take this list and research the hotels themselves to see which best fits your requirements.

narrow the list down by reading travel reviews and looking at pictures, etc .. then if you want bring that short list back here and we'll be happy to help . but time is of the essence .. don't wait .

good luck

2. Re: Help choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 20, 2009