We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwater camera - photos for active.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Underwater camera - photos for active.

Have managed to post some photos that I took using the Olympus 725SW. Have posted different views ie underwater, nightime and beach. I just used the cameras own settings for each scene.

My reply to the old post has dropped down the page a bit, but I have had one thought on the camera which is the screen is not easy to see underwater and a lot of our photos where point and hope, but we were pleased with the results.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Where have you posted the photos - can we have a link please?

The problem you mention is one of the reasons I haven't gone underwater digital yet - my Canon AS6 (and my SeaLife) has a "Sportfinder" which clips on and I have found this to be really easy to frame pictures with, even at arm's length. I'm reluctant to rely on a screen which may not be easy to see underwater. I know you can delete the failures after reviewing (saving money) but you can't go back a re-take a whale shark if you should be lucky enough to see one! I would be interested to see your pics, though, as I'm sure Ro will be, as she was looking to buy a 725.

Thanks

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Pictures are under my name just click on albion and then on photos.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Thanks albion, for some reason I was thinking you could only post pics with a review and I didn't know which island to search for your review!

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Hi West Brom (spotted the shirt!) ..... ta for the pics. They seem very clear.

Re your comments re the screen not being easy to see, why was this? I suspect all the cameras of this type are very similar? I'm def going for the 725W after xmas, can't wait!!

............. Red Active

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Active you are probably correct over all cameras like this being the same. The screen is very dark underwater but there is a button that brightens it. We tried to read all the instructions before we went but seemed to forget what we had read when we saw all the fish!!! We just set it to underwater and pressed the button. We had not had a digital camera before and went for this one because we did not want to buy a case. Must admit when I put the camera underwater at the pool bar I thought the waiter was going to have a heart attack he was that worried I had broken it.

I am very pleased with the results - some pictures are not as good as others but we have had that happen with most cameras we have had before.

If we can use this camera and get good results anybody can use it. Honest.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

I posted some photos a few days ago and got a message yesterday from TA saying they couldn't accept photos unless they were of an individual hotel, attraction or city. How did you label your photos when you posted them, since they weren't attached to a review of hotel? I selected the "attraction" box but obviously that didn't work. I'm a little peeved as it took a lot of time and effort to find the photos I posted and I didn't keep a note of where each one was stored. I'm not going to bother repeating the exercise unless I find out how they will be accepted.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

Hi Nakatcha. I just went to my profile under more about albion, clicked on the photos tab and then on the post photos button I chose the location button and then entered Maldives through the search choice and just posted under that.

Hope this helps

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

That's exactly what I did, and they said

"Unfortunately, we cannot post photos of an entire country on our site. If you'd like to submit photos of an individual hotel, attraction, or city, please feel free to do so"

so I'm none the wiser unfortunately. I might have one more try but if it doesn't work this time then I won't be trying again!

Thanks for answering anyway albion.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

I tried again today and posted the photos individually labelled with the resort locations and have received an e-mail asking me to split my reviews into individual ones. There ARE NO REVIEWS! I only posted photos for my profile page and wasted my time again! I'm more than peeved now.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Underwater camera - photos for active.

OK - finally my pictures were accepted without reviews since they weren't for a specific island - just a demo of the results from my Canon AS6 I have used since 1987. There are no settings on this camera other than flash on or off, but there is a separate close-up lens which can be attached underwater which I didn't bother with.