We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

First pictures of the new Soneva Jani, it all expands over 5.3 km.

As much as i love the brand, c'mon guys, the pools are anything else than eco friendly..

Wondering what Frequent T will think ; )

akinternationalestates.com/properties/maldiv…

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

OMG a slide into the sea! I love that...except how deep is the water?. I wouldn't want to land squidge on a sea cucumber!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

haha yes true, i was wondering why all the villas hove one. I saw the one at the Private Reserve at Gili, also built by Soneva and i tell you that slide is very high quality, you can turn on the water while sliding down..

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

The slide in the pic looks like a giant kitchen cabinet door handle.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Xarla, that'd be a UK kitchen then, ours in Switzerland are slightly different ; )

Have you seen, there are two types of slides, i reckon you are referring to the curved one right?

Do you think the lease is for all the islands? It's like 3 big ones with some small ones, i assume some will be staff villages or even staff islands?

It amazes me how things are changing, thatched roofs are out because of the costs, pools, waterslides and the urge to have the biggest villas in the country. And all geared towards rich families..

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

ab369, I always love the Soneva concept, it will definitely on my wish list, if the snorkeling is great, would consider to twin it and return to Cheval Blanc Randheli in my future stay. My only major worry is that , the island Dhigurah is very close to both CBR and Jani, there will be a 600 rooms resort to be built in this island, it will become the largest resort island in Maldives, 600 rooms, unbelievable for me.

imagine the lights, the constructions, Jani better complete earlier and allow me to return to Noonu before Dhigurah starts its construction!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

More 5 star monstrosities. Looking more and more like Dubai every year.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Well, I really love Soneva and Six Senses concept, but I don't understand that thing with pools and slides. I mean, from time to time I love to dip in an infinity pool, but all the new resorts in the Maldives have a lot of villas with pools (which are not eco-friendly at all). Is that really necessary?

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Frequent T: have heard of that new 600 rooms resort which equals more than 1200 guests depending of how many kids come along. Just crazy and i wonder how they wanna get all those guests on seaplanes to this atoll. That's a LOT of flights!

1001: Me too, am literally obsessed with their design, and as much as i will hate many kids around, i have to visit Soneva Jani. Am wondering if they gonna get rid off all the papaya plantation or keeping the local sourced fruits and farmers. And i so agree on the pools, it's anything else than eco friendly, it's a joke!

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Typical estate agent "Only 10 hours by direct flight fr London ". Only peak season they should say.....

Love the $3m price tag and then 2% ($60k) per year maintenance. But you do a discount in the restaurant. I should think so to.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts of the new Soneva Jani in the Noonu Atoll

Haha Lilybeachlovers, the $3m is entry level, i reckon the smallest beach villa.

I have read somewhere that some water villas will be over $20m.

And they still haven't sold one water villa at Laamu, the market is just too risky. And at Laamu they will only start building once someone bought one. The waterslide included ; )