We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather contditions

Oslo
10 posts
Save Topic
Weather contditions

My boyfriend and I, are considering going to the Maldives next week, we originaliy inteded to go to Greece but found that most pools on the islands are not heated, and that they might be cold this time of year.

Does anyone know what the weather is like on the Maldives right now? The forcast show unstable conditions, is this usual for this time of year? If we leave Monday are we to excpect many days of rain during a 10 day stay?

I'm sorry for the writing errors, I don't have time to check the dictonary right now! :-)

Kjersti

Moscow
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather contditions

Kjesti,

The BBC weather page says high of 29c, low of 24, sun and showers. Best pack a few books or toys to keep you busy during the showers.

Cheers

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather contditions

The maldives weather site (which probably has the most accurate forecasts for three day periods) is at this link:

www.meteorology.com.mv

In addition these two links give you webcam feeds from two resorts in the maldives. Nothing more accurate than seeing what the weather is actually doing.

www.dolphin-base.com/galerie/webcam.htm

http://www.wernerlau.com/maldives/webcam.htm

Oslo
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather contditions

Thank you for your replies. So, what you really are telling me is; don't go to the Maldives in October?

I have to deside today befor 1800 European time. Please help me make i desition! Have anyone on this forum been to the Maldives in October before?

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather contditions

last year in October around now infact had 2 days of rain.one constant and the other showers.

rest of the rain was at night.Not bad for 2 weeks

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather contditions

The Maldives will always get rain.

Guaranteed. So is the sun - guaranteed. This time of year is the wet monsoon.

P.S I am off tomorrow to Vakaru. At this time of year you might get 1 or 2 days a week rained off tops. Just more time to go snorkel / drink / etc etc

It will be 28 degrees regardless. Go enjoy it :-0

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather contditions

Have a good time Duncs ................. AG

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather contditions

we are off to Meed on the 17th, dont really care about the rain, its chucking it down here at the moment, at least it will be warmer there

Oslo
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather contditions

Thank you all for input! We have given our travel agent the ""go a head" to book a villa or bungalow at Kuredu. I can only hope they have one or the other available.

If things turn out ok we will be leaving on Monday, but in such a short time we do not have time to get vaccinations I suspect... Is this going to be a problem? forgot to ask our travel agent...

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather contditions

I always keep my innoculations up to date but if I were you I wouldn't worry, especially given the limited time till you leave...........

Ruskies - "Best pack a few books or toys to keep you busy during the showers"...................LMAO on that one................

10. Re: Weather contditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 24, 2009