We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W website up and running ....

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
W website up and running ....

starwoodhotels.com/whotels/…

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W website up and running ....

......what a crap website!

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W website up and running ....

Actually I think this website has been up for quite some time.

As for the quality of the site what would you expect? They don't have any photos to show of the place at this point that represent reality. My favorite is these two "picture" from the air that have been cleverly edited to hide any reference to whats actually sitting in that beautiful lagoon now.

starwoodhotels.com/…who1585ls.9363_md.jpg

starwoodhotels.com/…who1585ls.9362_md.jpg

I don't know if you happened to catch spammies comment on another thread the other day. Spammie was talking to someone on the German forum who had just returned from

Kandoludu. Apparantly one of the project managers for W Fesdu spends time on Kandoludu. They were saying that they didn't expect Fesdu to be operational this calendar year.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W website up and running ....

Sorry - it's been a while since I looked at the website (not being interested in going there) and although the main page was there the last time there was none of the stuff about the restaurants (pretentious much?) and the rooms with the 50" plasma AND TWO LCDs.

Yeah, about those photos, I have very similar ones myself from several years ago.

I DID see the post on the Kandoludu thread - I don't really care when it opens (W that is) - I just wish it wouldn't!

No-one else seemed to have mentioned the website though and since a few people have expressed interest I thought I'd post.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W website up and running ....

Found some more pics, top and bottom on this page

www.maldives.ru/hotels.php…

No wonder it's taken so long and not open yet!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: W website up and running ....

i particularily like the way they have superimposed the same "tourists having fun" in multiple pictures .. lol ...the russian site is suffering from terrible photoshopping .

and i can't help but notice that they are still advertising fesdu WITHOUT the hotel on it .. duh !

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: W website up and running ....

I just read a bit from LAST Sunday's Sunday Times travel supplement saying that W Hotels said that they were fed up with all that boring honeymoon stuff and the W Fesdhoo was going to be party central - like Ibiza in the Indian Ocean. I've never been to Ibiza, but I can't help thinking saying that probably scuppered a few bookings! Yay!

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: W website up and running ....

Best picture yet of the transformation. Have just decided what the 'W' stands for - begins in W, and ends in ankers!

…maldives.de/Fesdu/imagepages/image43.htm

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: W website up and running ....

Sob sob sob!

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: W website up and running ....

Heres a photo from the other side of the Island that I posted previously.

malediven-guide.at/foto/…mai2006-0036.jpg

Not sure what time frame the two photos are taken in.

Thats why I'm a little confused about the notice that the resort had "opened" on the 25th of September. There was someone on the German forum who was staying at a neighbor island to Fesdu who just returned last week. He was suggesting that the place still looked like a construction zone??

Of course the fact that the resort was not complete didn't prevent Anantara from booking guests. But those people were sold "introductory rates".

Lets face it folks theres little doubt that this place is going to get people to go to it (heck these people at Starwood know how to market a property if they are putting "pictures" of the place on the back of Bride Magazine) and if the "reviews" of Anantara are any indication there will be lots of folks who find the place wonderful.

10. Re: W website up and running ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 23, 2009