We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeru island - house reef?

england
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
meeru island - house reef?

Hi i have found a really good deal to meeru in sep 06. Having been to the maldives a few times it is the house reef and snorkling that has become one of the most important parts of the trip. Can anyone tell me how close or not it is?

If it is not close how often do they run boats, do they charge and would you recommend meeru for snorkling?

Thanks in anticipation of an early reply as i want to book today.

adam

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meeru island - house reef?

Hi Adam

I have not been to Meeru but i can tell you from what i have read that the reef edge is much too far away to reach from shore but there is a shuttle boat every hour and a half day three reef snorkelling trip every second day, inside the lagoon there is plenty of coral and fish so there is still plenty to see without going to the reef edge, its highly unlikely that they will charge for the shuttle boat but would for the half day trips i would think

hope this helps

regards susie

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeru island - house reef?

Hi Adam just another thing, have you looked on the trip advisor reviews, type in meeru in the search box top left and click on tripadvisor reviews i think you will find all the answers you are looking for from people who have been

susie

3. Re: meeru island - house reef?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 17, 2009