We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are planning a 3-5 day trip to Maldives. We are both in our early thirties and usually are party animals. I am aware the Maldives is really laid back and no partying whatsoever. This time we are planning to relax as she delivered 3 months ago and it will be just the 2 of us without kids.

Where in Maldives should we go? Any specific destination with relatively younger clientele? I wanna have one of those bungalows in the middle of the sea, the one we see in the pictures. Any hotel recommendations? Budget is not an issue, but nothing crazy expensive.

Thanks

Jad

Edited: 11:16 am, July 02, 2014
Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Reethi Beach, you will crave the same again and again and will give up your partying ways forever. Party on the natural beauty of paradise and the warmth of the welcome. BUT go for 2 weeks at least, you won't regret it. And take your own snorkelling gear. ;-)

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

You need to give a budget, what it crazy expensive for me, might not be crazy expensive for you...

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Maybe W Retreat? It has its own nightclub. It is also modern and trendy with a house reef.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

W is loud and annoying to my standards .. it might be right for toned down party animals . good thinking , turquoise.

we need a numerical value for the phrase "budget no issue but not crazy expensive" .. to me that means budget is an issue . whats your top budget per night in usd ?

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Hi Maria,

USD300 tops per night is the max.

Thanks

Jad

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Hi Spammie,

USD300 tops per night is the max.

Thanks

Jad

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Sorry i meant to say USD600-700/night.

Jad

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

Jad - its a really difficult question to answer because the Maldives is not really a party place and islands with a youger clientelle is difficult to pin down. I suppose Kuredu with its 'White Knight" party nights springs to mind. Other islands such as Club Med Kani have lots of daytime activities so you might get younger there. Most people go to get away from that sort of madness and just completely unwind, go snorkelling/diving, read your kindle, eat fantastic food, work your way down the cocktail list on a dot of sand miles from anything else. Kuramathi has 7 bars and used to have a resident band and other bar centred activities and film nights on the beach, 7 restaurants, lots of activiities so you might a slightly younger crowd - it was quite a youngish crowd when we were there and they have great jacuzzi water villas. Plus if you read Kuramathi reviews, there are a lot from 25-35's

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

I don't remember people holding swords and Shields st kuredu haha

10. Re: Where to go in Maldives - End of October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 05, 2015